CHMODing and Database hostname

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Waddle50008

Mysidian Dollar
How would I CHMOD the required files to 777? I use Yahoo! Small Busniess Webhosting and is doesn't offer CPanel. Also, I cannot find out what the hostname is for the database my site will run on. Maybe someone could tell me how I could find this out? I've tried to email yahoo with this question before, but they never answered this certain question.

Thanks in advance,
-Waddle50008

If you haven't got a Cpanel, I'm not really sure how you'd do this. It's a permissions bit, CHMODding, which allows you to edit what's inside from other places. It's also known as "Change Permissions".

I PMed you. :)

But no, CPanel is something your host needs to install.

Also, the database host is usually "localhost" w/o quotes unless your host tells you otherwise. :)

Ok.
And it seems localhost isn't the hostname, as the page returns the error "Error connecting to mysql database!"

Hopefully, once yahoo replies to my email, I'll be able to get this site started.

ok this may sound stupid but for your database host put "mysql" with out quotes and that should work. For Chmoding files you will need to download an ftp client and connect to yur site and change the files permission to 777 from there, i recomend core ftp.