banner

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

zhiichiro

Mysidian Dollar
can i ask what's the easiest way to change this header or banner (or whatever it's called)

bg-header.jpg

bg-footer.jpg

cause i want to use my own banner..

zhiichiro said:
can i ask what's the easiest way to change this header or banner (or whatever it's called)

bg-header.jpg

bg-footer.jpg

cause i want to use my own banner..

...seriously?
=/

I'll explain it once more.

You make an image, roughly the same size of the image your replacing, name it with the same name as the image your replacing.
Then go to your 'templates/default/images/' folder, find the old image, delete it, and upload the new one.

Then go to your site, refresh the page, and it will show.

If the height for the banner is larger then 140px then the bottom will be cut off unless you change it in the style.css file. Just a warning.

thank you, and i'm sorry for being stupid lol, cause i dont really know lot things about this.

by the way, why it doesn't change even if i keep refresh?

Do a hard refresh by pressing CTRL and F5 at the same time. :)

Also, it would not refresh if you didn't upload the new images over the old, so if above doesn't work make sure the new images are uploaded over the old. :)

i did remove the old one, and upluad new one, same name.
same format. but the old one is .jpg, on ms paint, it is only saved .JPG (capital letters) will it still work?

this is my link :http://www.zhiichiro.0fees.net/adoptables/adopt.php

the header is still not shown

now im done with the banner, how can i make a taller menu bar?
this is the menu bar :
http://www.zhiichiro.0fees.net/adoptables/templates/default/images/bg-menu.png

because it can only holds 10 mod pages..
i have 11 so far, and the 11nth one is below the "home" and the menu bar dont reach it.

so the background of 11nt is white, and can't be seen..

Thry looking here. What you are dealing with is basic HTML http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

ow great you've answered my question =.="

anyone else who wants to help me with the menu thing?

If she just tells you the answer, you go away, you get it to work and you don't learn anything. If she helps you learn how to change it, then you go away, change it, and it works. Then instead of coming back to ask another question about something similar, you could think "oh, hold on, I could do that like I did with the other thing...." and voila, you've fixed it on your own. :)

Saphira said:
If she just tells you the answer, you go away, you get it to work and you don't learn anything. If she helps you learn how to change it, then you go away, change it, and it works. Then instead of coming back to ask another question about something similar, you could think "oh, hold on, I could do that like I did with the other thing...." and voila, you've fixed it on your own. :)

Thank you :)

zhiichiro said:
never mind. i found the answer myself already.

You see why we help guide you?
If we would have completely told you how to do that, you would've given up on looking for the answer.

okkkkk

praise you all

=.="

i'll surely donate to rusnak when i get my own credit card