Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

StarGirl

Mysidian Dollar
1. When I change my avatar in the profile settings, I press save and the avatar stays the same. I refresh and everything but it's no difference. The path box also stays as the default one when I go back to check if it saves the avatar link back in the settings panel. Is it just me or is it a bug? :p

I didn't notice that, sorry.
I have another thing though, I can't add a new adoptable, it won't appear in the database after I add it. I'm using v1.3 and haven't modified very much..
Edit: I can do this through PhpMyAdmin now, so this isn't a problem anymore. Though it'd be easier through a form.

Last edited:
I found the problem. In the query that adds the adopt to the database, I had a ' in the description and it messed with the code. :p Now that I've got this working, how would I make the "Enable Alternate Friendly Signature BBCode" thing in settings work? I open the .htaccess file like it says and I see the bit that I think I'm supposed to edit but edit it in what way?? Take it out? Add something in?

Last edited:
Find this in profile.php:
Code:
// Run update queries...
$query = "UPDATE {$prefix}users_profile SET nickname='{$nickname}' , 
                                            gender='{$gender}' , 
									        color='{$color}' , 
									        bio='{$bio}' , 
									        favpet='{$favpet}'  , 
									        about='{$about}' WHERE username='{$loggedinname}'";
$adopts->query($query);

// All done!

Replace with:
Code:
// Run update queries...
$query = "UPDATE {$prefix}users_profile SET avatar='{$avatar}' , nickname='{$nickname}' , 
                                            gender='{$gender}' , 
									        color='{$color}' , 
									        bio='{$bio}' , 
									        favpet='{$favpet}'  , 
									        about='{$about}' WHERE username='{$loggedinname}'";
$adopts->query($query);

// All done!

I've fixed this for Mys v1.3.1, the solution is also posted in the bug tracker. And yeah it is just the same as Silverdragontears suggested.