Trouble with /adm

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Knight

Mysidian Dollar
I can't seem to get to the Admin CP part of my site to finish off the installation. The result is just a blank page with the 404 Error. I've been through all the steps-SQL queries, CHMOD, etc- but I think the error falls within the config file.

Config file changes:

Code:
$dbhost = 'mysql4.000webhost.com';      		
$dbuser = 'a6052437_adopt';				
$dbpass = '****';			
$dbname = 'a6052437_knight';    			
$dname = 'knight.net23.net';    	
$spath = ' ';				
$auser = 'a6052437';				
$apass = '****';

I'm not sure if I need anything under path as the folder is under public_html. But with or without public_html under path, the result is the same.

I can also add some screen shots if needed.

Can't you just put localhost rather than that "mysql4.000webhost.com" business?

not with 000webhost.

I've tried and it even says on the site that you need to put the "mysql(number).000webhost.com" thing on.

Oh, You should remove the space in the "$spath = ' ';" Making it "$spath = '';" se if that makes any difference.

Saviir said:
not with 000webhost.

I've tried and it even says on the site that you need to put the "mysql(number).000webhost.com" thing on.

Oh, You should remove the space in the "$spath = ' ';" Making it "$spath = '';" se if that makes any difference.

Just tried it....still the same issue. Thanks for trying though.

If you get a 404 page, double check to make sure you have uploaded the adm directory.

404 is a file not found error,you most likely haven't uploaded the adm folder.

I think I uploaded all the files correctly...here's an image of my adm folder if it helps:

Maybe there's something else I'm missing?

Knight said:
I think I uploaded all the files correctly...here's an image of my adm folder if it helps:

Well, from the screenshot your spath should be:

PHP:
$spath = "/adoptables";

Your admin folder is at yoursite.com/adoptables/adm/index.php.

You uploaded the adoptables folder to the public_html, so it would be at /adoptables/adm. :)

BMR777 said:
Knight said:

Well, from the screenshot your spath should be:

PHP:
$spath = "/adoptables";

Your admin folder is at yoursite.com/adoptables/adm/index.php.

You uploaded the adoptables folder to the public_html, so it would be at /adoptables/adm. :)

Thanks! :D Got it to work..but now when I log in I get this warning on the main page:

PHP:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'a6052437_adopt'@'192.168.0.10' (using password: YES) in /home/a6052437/public_html/adoptables/adm/console.php on line 17

Cannot Connect to Database

Do you have the right database details? The error means that your database details in config.php are incorrect.

$dname = 'knight.net23.net';

pretty sure this can't be right.

Turns out my database password was wrong :p It works fine now.

Thanks for the help anyways!