Second Currency and Currency icon

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Rovick

Mysidian Dollar
Okay, this was my suggestion since i started using this script. Any way on how to do it? Its like 2 currencies (For example is Coins and Gold) the 1st currency is easy to collect to buy basic stuffs, while the 2nd one is hard to get, and used to buy rare stuffs.. And how can i display an icon for the currency? thanks!

^First of all, it MAY be possible to make a mod for this, like, during clicking, there's a random chance of getting this type of currency. However, you'll have to update almost all files that have anything to with money... however, if I can think of a way to give users a random chance of finding this currency while clicking... I can... try. Probably going to fail, but it's owrth a shot since I could use this myself. XP

As for the currency image, try looking at this thread? The function that displays the currency currently is in classes/class_sidebar.php.

I figured it out... again with v.1.3.3. Are you still interested in this? Basically, there's second currency you can get by random chance from clicking. I haven't figured out how to get money from donations though. :(

Right now, the easiest way (I think) to get donation currency is through paypal. They get a special ID for each transaction. They send you a PM with their ID number and you give them the donation currency. You warn them that if the ID number has been used, then it's been used.

^Ah ok, thanks! I'm not planning on giving out currency for donations at this exact moment, but I thought that some others would. :3

I'd love to add a second currency :)

I am running 1.3.4, but it might work ?

@Annatar
I can try to help you with this if you're ok with the second curency not being related to donations. I can look through my files once I get some of my site stuff settled... I have a very feature-hungry user base. :3

@Annatar
Ok, what do you want to do with thr currency? Ex: how do you get it and how much is it worth?

Pretty much use it as a higher value currency, likely 1000 regular money to 1 of the special currency!

It would be avail through special bundles of it, for now, I guess ... in the shop.

Re

Sorry for double posting, but I finally got the chance to do a little poking into this...
Could you post your code for the following files?:
.class_sidebar
Tables to look into:
.users
.settings

I'm still thinking about how you could "buy" more of this currency with regular currency...

Wallie,

I'm interested in how you came up with a secondary currency as well! I'd eventually like to have a donation currency, but since that one doesn't seem to be possible yet, I definitely want to get my other secondary currency that ties in more with the lore of my site going. Would you be able to show me how to create one? It would just be a randomly dropping currency, or one that you get for using a certain item if possible. Thanks!

I'd like to add a second currency that is given at random on certain pages.

For example someone would be on the pages relating to exploring an area and a random chance of getting the new currency would happen. It would be a small chance though.

I hate the idea of adding donation links right now. I don't want them unless it becomes necessary. I believe the best apps/games are entirely free.