Re-Write suggestions

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

rosepose

Mysidian Dollar
1. Multiple outcomes.

2. Cleaner myadoptables.php (each pet gets its own page for codes and such and only an image link is shown on myadoptables.php.

3. Trading system.

4. Username of owner on the pet image.

5. Promotional pets (you'd need a code.)

6. Limit the number of type of pets the user can adopt.

7. add adoptable feature would be good. You know, an individual one to a member account.

8. Credits for clicking on someone else's pet (that you can then spend on rare-exclusive pets).

9. a forum (or at least a tutorial on how to integrate forums with the script) would be nice.

10. Profile pages.

11. You know how on DragonAdopters they have the pixel image of the pet and then the drawing below? Could that sort of feature be added to the new release (a big version of the image to go on its page.)

Those are my suggestions :)

-Rose

Thanks for the suggestions. For the rewrite I have already started and I have begun to work on 1, 5 and 6.

For #1, you can now specify primary and alternate images for each level. You can also specify what the chances are of using the alternate images rather than the primaries, so you can do something like chance 1 in 2 for male or female or chance 1 in 100 for a rare adopt.

For #5, I have already begun working on this. You will be able to specify a code that will let the user adopt a special adoptable. Users can also earn promo codes if one of their adoptables reaches a certain level and you configured the level to give the user a promo code. :)

For #6, there will be some of this in the new release. You can specify certain conditions under which new adoptables may be adopted. :)

With 3#, this will almost certainly be in the new release, but I haven't started coding that yet. I'll also work on #4, but this may or may not be included and if it is included it might not work on all servers. I also like Idea #2. I'll see what I can do. :)

Brandon

There will be basic profile pages in the new release, something that shows a user's contact details, PM info, and then their pets. :)

Also, for #11, do you have a link to what you're talking about so I can see. :)

Great :)

http://www.greeneggs.dragonadopters.com/dragon_4127 See? The big image changes as the pet grows, too.