Pages Unlocked With Items?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Abronsyth

A Headache Embodied
Mysidian Dollar
I'm sure this has been suggested before...but, since the development of 1.3.2 is still well under way, I figured that it might not be too hard (not sure, I know nothing of PHP) to incorporate a feature that allows users to make special pages. These pages would need a certain item, or items, to be accessed by a user.

Simply when a user tries to enter that page's URL, the system checks to see if a user currently has a certain item (based on item name), and, if they don't, then they are instead brought to a page that says "Sorry, but you must currently own a [ITEMNAME] to enter this page!"

So, when creating a page, and admin can choose this (it is optional) option, then put in an item, or items (separated by commas?) name(s).

Something like this:
[ ] NOT Item-Only Page
[ ] IS Item-Only Page
If IS an Item-Only page, type in the item name(s) that a user must own to access this page:
[ ]
(separate multiple items with a comma)

Well, hope this makes sense! I think it is a feature that a lot of people would really appreciate, especially for those wanting to make explore/quests and things like that..!

Yours Truly,
Iris​

Well I'd say this is a very interesting idea, I will definitely look into it since Mys v1.3.x does have an item system already. It's not gonna be difficult, so I will try to incorporate it by Mys v1.3.2's official release date.

That'd be awesome. HoF! Good luck with script, guys, you've already come so far with what you started with!

No worries, I plan to show a screenshot of the ACP this weekend or early next week. I've completed betatesting the main site, it is about the ACP now.

Sounds cool. So you're just down to the ACP now? Well, I hope all goes well with that! I must warn you, I am expecting it to be amazing ;)

Well from Mys v1.3.2 and onward, you should be able to restrict custom page access based on usernames, usergroups, money, adoptables, items, promocode and more. It can be quite tricky for money and items due to their quantified nature, you may want your users to spend some money/items upon accessing a page. I am not sure if I will make it this complicated at this moment, it's your call.

And yup the ACP will receive somewhat of an improvement, but do not expect a full-blown overhaul until Mys v1.4.0. Like I said before, I'd be sure to ask for ideas/suggestions for new ACP features following the release of Mys v1.3.2, some features may be implemented during Mys v1.3.x's lifetime but it's not a guarantee.

I think for now you should hold off on making it too complicated. Just let it go with a simpler scripting, then see how that does. If after a while people are wanting more complicated sort of things (I like simpler XD), then eventually you could go on and continue improving here and there.

It'll be interesting to see what you've done with the ACP! I think an interesting feature would be to make magic pickles dance in the back ground to distract the admins...I'm kidding, of course XD