One Type Limit

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Ashje

Mysidian Dollar
Let's say that I'm making a Pokemon Adoptables site and I want the user to be able to choose one starter and one starter only and not to be allowed to adopt the others after they have adopted one. How would I go about doing that?

In more generic terms;

Let's say I have 12 adoptables on a page and I want the user to only be able to adopt one out of those 12. After that, if they try adopting another, they get an error. How would I do that?

Thanks,
Ashje.

You need to edit the the canadopt function on your functions.php page. I edited it so that they can only have 5 at a time that are young & then they have to level some up before they can adopt more.

PHP:
$query = "SELECT * FROM adopts_owned_adoptables WHERE currentlevel < '4' AND owner='$loggedinname' AND isfrozen='no' AND item='no'";
$result = mysql_query($query);
$num = mysql_numrows($result);

if($num >= 5){
$canadopt = "no";}

Gives you an idea of how I modified it.

Sea

Ah, so I would have to say something like:
PHP:
$query = "SELECT * FROM adopts_owned_adoptables WHERE kind = 'starter' AND owner='$loggedinname'";

if($num >= 1){
$canadopt = "no";}

Thanks XD

*bump*
Because I still don't understand how to do this. If anyone has the time, could you please write a function called "canadoptstarter" with just the regular canadopt function but with this in there as well:
PHP:
$query = "SELECT * FROM adopts_owned_adoptables WHERE kind = 'starter' AND owner='$loggedinname'";

if($num >= 1){
$canadopt = "no";}