Installing MyBB through x10hosting.com

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

NobodysHero

Co-Owner of MystFell
Mysidian Dollar
This is a tutorial on how to install MyBB using x10hosting's online software.

1. Create a new website. (You should not create your database. It will do this for you.)

3iWq6H1.jpg

2. Select "Software Installer".

9ME6RMe.jpg

3. Select the domain you would like to install it in and a directory or "path" where you would like it installed. I took AlexC's suggestion and named it "forum".

cwhNcJ0.jpg

4. Choose Script to Install and select "Forums".
4nwBP92.jpg

5. From the new variety of selections, choose MyBB by pressing "Select This Software".

RnmB0RD.jpg

6. Fill out the settings for your website. It will do the rest. (Again, do not create a MySQL database before doing this. It will create the database for you.)

CcxzdjN.jpg

7. SUCCESS! Congrats! You have installed your MyBB. From here, you need to go through the process of connecting your forum to your Virtual Pet Site.

oEV5Q7J.png

8. Log in to your forum, then disable the user registration. Next, go into the config_forum.php in your inc folder. Enter in the details of the MySQL database that the installer made for you.

9. EVEN MORE SUCCESS! Good job! Enjoy.

Last edited:
I just want to reply here by saying that If clicking the "choose script to install" button gives you nothing to select from then it's a problem with x10's control panel. A quick fix is clicking "Try cPanel x3!" in the header of the x10 site and switching to cPanel x3.... then clicking softaculous. :V

from there it's pretty much the same thing.

This is a tutorial on how to install MyBB using x10hosting's online software.

1. Create a new website. (You should not create your database. It will do this for you.)

3iWq6H1.jpg

2. Select "Software Installer".

9ME6RMe.jpg

3. Select the domain you would like to install it in and a directory or "path" where you would like it installed. I took AlexC's suggestion and named it "forum".

cwhNcJ0.jpg

4. Choose Script to Install and select "Forums".
4nwBP92.jpg

5. From the new variety of selections, choose MyBB by pressing "Select This Software".

RnmB0RD.jpg

6. Fill out the settings for your website. It will do the rest. (Again, do not create a MySQL database before doing this. It will create the database for you.)

CcxzdjN.jpg

7. SUCCESS! Congrats! You have installed your MyBB. From here, you need to go through the process of connecting your forum to your Virtual Pet Site.

oEV5Q7J.png

8. Log in to your forum, then disable the user registration. Next, go into the config_forum.php in your inc folder. Enter in the details of the MySQL database that the installer made for you.

9. EVEN MORE SUCCESS! Good job! Enjoy.

When I try to log in to my forum, it puts me back into my adopts site.
UPDATE: Nvm, I've got it.
(another) UPDATE: When I press Forum under Community, it puts me back into the index page. >.<

Last edited:
Just thought to update this, but I followed all the steps correctly and after I fill out all my information and submit it, an error message pops up.

The message says:
Could not unzip the Language files.

The script I am using is the one provided on x10 titled "MyBB 1.8.1"

Is there another script I can use or can this be edited?