Having a hard time starting this.

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Neocridders

Mysidian Dollar
Hello. I am really new to this. I have just created a website, uploaded all of the files needed into a folder, and Chmod-ed everything asked to 777.
I am a little confused (this being my first time doing anything near like this).
What does CHMOD mean? (just a little question I have been wondering the whole time)

Alright. So, after I follow those steps, and I am finally on the step about typing in 'yoursite.com/folder/install/index.php'. I am putting in my address and my folder, and when I get to the page, no install popup (or anything) comes up. All it is, is my lame website that has font only with some links to who knows where.

If you can tell me anything you see wrong, or make some suggestions, that would be awesome. Thank you.

Hey there.

I'm not quite sure what CHMOD means (I'm new to all of this too) but I know that it sets permissions to files.

Isn't the link to the installation page "Yoursite.com/install/index.php" hope that helps.

CHMOD is basically changing file permissions so the script can write to those files or folders.

What is the link to your site? I'll point you to your installer.

neocridderskoh.host22.com

That is my website currently. I am still unsure if I will get a paid domain or not.

Ok, where did you upload the adoptables script to on the website? What was the folder's name. :)

/KoHTest1/adoptables/

Not sure if I should put KoHTest1, or if I should put just adoptables, or leave it with both.
The adoptables folder/directory is in the KoHTest1 folder/directory

Ok, that I get a 404 on as well. Why not just upload the script to your root public_html directory? Instead of building a website and then using the adoptables script you can use the adoptables script to build and edit your website. :)

Hey, it is still not working. Is it working for you?
Can you send me the link, if it is?

Are you sure that you've uploaded all of the files? I've just tried to take a look, and I'm getting a 404 error. Some web uploaders can be a bit funny about uploading a lot of files, does your host allow FTP? If so, I'd try that. :)