Foodbabs! (Open alpha)

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Here are two of the new adoptables coming to the summer shop!
dolphana_by_hoafan-dbdbgug.png
(Dolphana)
sharkermelon_by_hoafan-dbdbgue.png
(Sharkermelon)
Both adoptables were suggested in the survey, but neither are native to just one part of the world nor do they have a specific origin point (Like how lions live in africa). However, the ideas were too good to pass up, so they get a place in the summer shop instead of region-specific shops.

-In other news-
The survey is now closed and public pet profiles have been added to the site! The summer shop should open within the next few days and the regional adopts are being worked on.

Awesome! :D

Also I have a problem >.> I ate my active pet (as I'm trying to remove the ones that have a messed up gender lol. For some reason it would sometimes say they were female but change to male occasionally?? Really weird XD)... and now it throws me an error that the active pet can't be found. XD I forgot the script did this lol

I think I'll make it so you can't eat your active pet, lol. Then you'll have to remove them beforehand and it won't try looking for a deleted pet.
EDIT: I fixed the error for you too by setting your favpet ID back to 0.

Last edited:
Okay XD That sounds handy lol would you be able to fix my account for me? >.> It won't let me on it now XD Sorry XD

EDIT: Thank you lol XD

Last edited:
More members are joining XD

have I earned alpha reward yet

hehe jk :happyfaic: :happyfaic:

EDIT: 7 new members ^-^

EDIT 2: 10 woo XD And someone commented and said the pets were cute lol

Last edited:
They are very cute XD And someone else has commented and said they'll be joining and that they love the cheese mice lol XD

fgsign_summer_by_hoafan-dbcknrl.png

"Sssurfs up human! Ready to catch ssssome rayss?"

The summer shop has opened with 3 new adopts! The previously mentioned sharkermelon and dolphana, and the new harrot! (To make up for the missed spring)
harrot_by_hoafan-dbe8s14.png

Festival rotation is automatic now, so don't expect to see the summer shop open once the summer is over!

Awesome! And a few more people have joined from my posts XD Someone has enquired about friending other users. So I just said you can but the link isn't available just yet lol

Hey there! Took me a while, but I've added your site to a sister sites page for advertisement thanks to all your help!

You can see it here if you'd like - Sister Sites

Sister sites was all that came to mind, if you think a better name suits, just let me know. Loving the artwork too! Been a bit busy but I'll be jumping back online soon!

Congrats on all the users too! You're doing an amazing job :)

Last edited:
@dinocanid - i have coded few things and organized your bootstrap view ^^
7NPlKGN.png

more things will be updated soon :)

6196408094031872.png

Stats have been completed! Pets obtained from the shops or promocodes will have all of their stats at 10 by default. Now you can breed for higher stats! That stuff will be important once contests roll around. Some users got lucky with the old system (which chose a random number between 10 and 100) and have high stats already. All new pets are no longer generated this way and follow the new system.

@silver_brick: Thanks!

The site has successfully migrated to x10 hosting. The site is now available at foodbabs.x10host.com. Logins still work, and everyone's pets should still be there. If you made any progress after July 16 (before the move), that progress may have been lost.

A new forum will be created with a better look, but it will no longer be integrated with the accounts on the main site. Thanks for everyone that stuck with us through these technical difficulties!

After some delay, I have finished the graveyard and revival update!

6696882427658240.png

The first thing I would like to mention are: Gems! This was a feature I mentioned long, long ago, but it's finally here! Gems act as premium currency for the site, and can only be obtained by converting your FoodDollars. I picked the current conversion rate based on how much money all of the users had, and most had less than $2000. The current conversion options are:
  • $1000 -> 1 Gem
  • $5000 -> 5 Gems
  • 10,000 -> 10 Gems
This page can be accessed from the bank.

5148377938657280.png

Next is the graveyard. Once your pet's health reaches 0, they disappear from your pantry and move here.

5388454598017024.png

It is also now possible to purchase "Fairy Dust", which will revive your babs with 100% fullness, health, and mood. This shop can be accessed from the gem conversion page.

Here are some other minor things that were changed:
  • "Fairy Dust" is the only item that can be used on dead pets
  • Dead pets can be viewed from the graveyard, but you can't interact with them
  • Discord is now used for chat purposes, since it was kind of messy having two different chatboxes for the forum and main site.
    • Our discord chat is now embedded into both parts of the site using Titan Embeds, so no more keeping two tabs open for the forum chat and main chat! You will see the same messages.
  • Withdrawing money from the bank should no longer throw an error
  • The "Pantry Spaces" text in the pantry should no longer float into the table

There hasn't been an update here in a while, but contests should be good to go starting on Monday (the 25th). I'm working now and over the weekend on possible prizes and refining the system and such, like making sure the cron jobs actually run ._. (that was the problem with seasons for a while) This is the schedule that will run weekly:
  • Mon-Thur: Registration Open
  • Fri: Registration Closed (Withdraws still available)
  • Sat: Contests Run
  • Sun: Contest Results

4599696713842688.png

It's out! You can now access the contests page from the "town" section of the menu. Best in Show is the only contest available right now, since we don't have enough users to have multiple types yet; and people would technically win by entering empty contests, which shouldn't be. Residence and the like will come later too since, once again, it would need more users than we have now to work properly.
Make sure you enter your best pets! Best in show judges from all the stats combined.
Training needs another day or two to be refined, but remember that you can currently breed for better stats!

Last edited:
Want to help? Now you can!

Link: http://foodbabs.x10host.com/team
Through this page you can submit an application for a variety of staff positions. Since I'm kind of broke, only volunteer positions are available at the moment.

The positions available are:
  • Artist
  • Writer
  • Programmer (Mysidia PHP)
  • Programmer (CSS)
  • Game Designer (Javascript)
  • Game Designer (HTML5)
  • Marketer (Spread the word!)

There are some very special hybrids coming this month!
new_hybrids_by_hoafan-dbq38pv.png

These hybrids will be obtained only by crossing outside of the same breeding class. For the month of October, they will be freely available through breeding. They will be rare, and you'll most likely end up with a little frankenstein failure. (but you'll see those when the update comes out...)

Once this month is over, the normal breeding rules will return and you won't be able to obtain them without a special item only available from the gem shop. There is no exact release date yet, but my current ETA is this weekend. Hope you're all looking forward to it!

In other news, the profile page has been redone!
5690807486251008.png

The only thing missing is a list of the user's pets and friends, and the ability to post messages on the wall, but it is otherwise functional and better than what I had before.