can't access forums...

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Mortain

***** SpottedMare.com
Mysidian Dollar
I just installed the forums, but whenever i click to go to it, it brings me back to the index page.

Yeah, because if that's what you were clicking, it just leads to the home page by default.

Can you navigate to the forums by manipulating the url? If you can't find some way to navigate to the forums then it was most-likely not set up correctly.

no i can't. I'm looking at the links in the acp. and it's set up right. *sighs*

in a folder called forums? I think that's what your asking.

Yes, that's what I was asking.

You extracted all the files, ran the forum install script and set up the database for the forum?

sorry, I'm all new to this LOL. let me run the install stuff. herp-derp

Warning: require(../inc/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nirainia/public_html/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '../inc/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nirainia/public_html/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

when i try to install it, this is what i get. Derp?

Yeah its no problem, the forums are a completely different script package. So, you have to actually install that too. Also, it will instruct you to set up a database and you'll have to edit the config files to have everything done correctly. There's a config_forums file in the mysidia script so that you can sync the adoptables and forums accounts.

The files have to be given the right permissions so that it can install, and the package is unzipped into all of its folders, right?

everything's right (I think). it's all unzipped and in. I have a database set up already. I got a crash course from my coder on my other 2 sims about that last night so i'm good there.

Well your forum needs to have a file called .htaccess. If you use MyBB, it has a file called htaccess.txt, rename it as .htaccess. Alternatively, you can upload the .htaccess file in Mysidia Adoptables' folder /install to your forum root directory. This is explained in MyBB forum integration, and it should apply for any other forumwares too.

alright replaced the htaccess file from the install folder. going to try this.

There is a htaccess-nginx file also in the mybb forums folder... is that suppose to be there?

Well it doesnt matter. Just upload a .htaccess file to your mybb folder, or rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess, otherwise Mysidia's URL rewrite rules will apply to your forum directory, causing undesired behaviors.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monako
BETA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts