Avatar breaking after selecting pet for Spotlight?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

GeneticAlpha

Loving Mysidia!
Mysidian Dollar
Just like the title says...lol. My avatar keeps breaking for some reason after I've selected a pet to go in the Spotlight in my settings. Any ides?

Can you show a screenshot of the breaking avatar? Or a link to your user profile on your own website so I can see what happens there?

This is before it breaks:
VSTZfBI.png

This is after it breaks:
gLctZal.png

After it breaks I can go in and reset the avatar and everything works, but it's every time I'm switching in and out of using an adopt that it breaks the avatar.

I took out the ability to upload your own avatar, change your nickname, gender, and pet bio. Other than that it's the same.

I see, so I guess the issue occurred after you took out the ability to upload avatar, since the avatar on the left side may be updated to the new avatar value from the form you submit. Since the form doesnt have an avatar field anymore, its empty and hence you get broken avatar.

I changed the system to where there is a avatar gallery that inputs the users avatar when they click the image they want to use, and it's all functional with no breaks. It's only breaking when they select a pet for the spotlight, so I'm confused haha. You think if I add back in the ability to change their avatar in their profile it'll keep the avatar from breaking when they select a pet? After the pet is selected and the avatar breaks, they can go back and pick an avatar again and it resets it and works. But every time the pet gets changed it breaks.

I see, so it does appear that it was caused by your change to the account profile editing page. If you cant figure out this, you may just try redirecting to home page after editing the user profile, without returning to the profile edit page?

I see, so it does appear that it was caused by your change to the account profile editing page. If you cant figure out this, you may just try redirecting to home page after editing the user profile, without returning to the profile edit page?
You were right, deleting the area that allows you to put in the URL to the avatar in the profile broke the avatar. After adding it back it's not breaking the avatar anymore when I change out favorite pets in the spotlight. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to let me get rid of the custom avatar field without breaking the avatar XD.

I ended up hiding the avatar stuff with CSS and made it a non-click event, so that'll work haha.

Last edited: