Threads / Messages

Gliderluv68

Mysidian Dollar
i have tried everything i uploaded with no problems i
i installed the script with no problems after install i get a blank page
i deleted and tried again and no change and i get no error message
i tried various versions of php between 5.3 and 5.6
i have complete control over my server but i don't know what else to try

A lot of people I know said that happened to them when they tried to manually install, so they actually had to resort to asking Famer if he'd install it for them. You might consider sending him a message about it. �� He's installed both my sites for me, no issues.

The script should work for PHP 5.3 to 5.6, so its likely not a problem with PHP. Do you have mod_rewrite enabled on your apache server? And do you have PDO installed on your PHP(which should be available by default).

Check if you have an error_log file in public_html, or /logs/yoursite.com.php.error.log outside of the public_html folder if you cant find error_log. The info from error_log will be especially helpful troubleshooting the issues.

these are the only 2 lines in the 1st error log

[13-Nov-2020 23:31:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use 'Object' as class name as it is reserved in /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/resource/native/object.php on line 20
[13-Nov-2020 23:43:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use 'Object' as class name as it is reserved in /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/resource/native/object.php on line 20

this is the only line in the 2nd error log

[14-Nov-2020 09:29:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use 'Object' as class name as it is reserved in /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/resource/native/object.php on line 20

PHP:
Fatal error: Cannot use 'Object' as class name as it is reserved

Can you confirm again you're using PHP5.6 or lower? Object is only a reserved name as of PHP7.2 - this error does not exist on lower version. (It can take several minutes or even hours for hosting refresh after requesting a downgrade to a lower version.)

yes i am running php 7
i had to set it back up to a higher version of php phpbb it wouldnt run it on the lower php setting
so there isnt a way around it huh?? i will have to buy a new domain to run this then
i just wish i knew if it was the right kind of script for the kind of site i want to build
which is a site people can adopt a virtual sugar glider pair and breed the different colors of gliders
is this script anything like that??

i set my php to 5.6 and this is the new error

[15-Nov-2020 02:18:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.' in /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/class_visitor.php:14
Stack trace:
#0 /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/class_visitor.php(14): DateTime->__construct()
#1 /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/class_visitorcreator.php(34): Visitor->__construct('192.82.10.18')
#2 /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/class_visitorcreator.php(20): VisitorCreator->create_guest()
#3 /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/class_mysidia.php(273): VisitorCreator->create()
#4 /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/class_mysidia.ph in /home2/sugargli/public_html/adoptables/classes/class_visitor.php on line 14

According to my brief google search, it sounds like your PHP installation does not have a default timezone set, which is highly unsual.

You need to set the time zone, either using php.ini (which you may need to ask customer support to do for you if you don't have access to edit that yourself) or with the php function date_default_timezone_set() in the file where the error is happening.

Via php.ini (this will fix it everywhere):

PHP:
[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; http://php.net/date.timezone
date.timezone = Europe/London

Or using php (before the line that has the error):
PHP:
date_default_timezone_set("Europe/London");

For a list of example timezones, https://secure.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php has the list of supported timezones in php. (Click a content, and then paste in a value found on one of these pages.)