1.3.6 Member List : pagination issue?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Kandria

Mysidian Dollar
I keep finding small things to report, this one isn't a huge deal other than members can't fully page through the members list.

No matter what page is selected it displays page 1, the URL updates to "page-2" ect but nothing changes on what is displayed
(Note it's not the theme doing this, though I am running bootstrap 5 as the theme, this happens even with the default themes)

(Default page/page 1)(Page 2, you can see the "page selected" stays on 1, but up in the URL you can see it's page-2) 1698365116097.png 1698365190882.png

Might need to compare the code with pagination for the myadopts and see how that's different from members list. I don't have time right now to hunt through the files to find everything.

I'll try to look this weekend but at a glance, I didn't see what was causing the issue but that's at least a good lead on where to look, I'm still -very- new at digging into code so I proceed very carefully.

Yeah they're both coded slightly differently and I'm still not sure what caused it, ah well just kinda log it as broken for now

Yeah they're both coded slightly differently and I'm still not sure what caused it, ah well just kinda log it as broken for now
Hey, I think I fixed the issue for myself but I'm not sure if you had the exact same issue. When you went to page 2, did you get this error at the top of the page? (I've customised my pagination page to use Bootstrap so it's not the same as vanilla)

2023-11-04 11_51_57-Bean Pets and 9 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png

If you did the fix is to open resource/core/pagination.php, go to line 27:

PHP:
public function setPage($page){
        $this->page = $page ? (int)$page : 1;
    }

And change it to:

PHP:
        $this->page = $page ? (string)$page : 1;
    }

I can't remember right now how the default file looks but if this doesn't fix it for you I can dive into my vanilla site and have a look at what's different lol

2023-11-04 11_54_24-Bean Pets and 9 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png 2023-11-04 11_54_50-Bean Pets and 9 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Hey, I think I fixed the issue for myself but I'm not sure if you had the exact same issue. When you went to page 2, did you get this error at the top of the page? (I've customised my pagination page to use Bootstrap so it's not the same as vanilla)

View attachment 580

If you did the fix is to open resource/core/pagination.php, go to line 27:

PHP:
        $this->page = $page ? (int)$page : 1;
    }

And change it to:

PHP:
        $this->page = $page ? (string)$page : 1;
    }

I can't remember right now how the default file looks but if this doesn't fix it for you I can dive into my vanilla site and have a look at what's different lol

View attachment 581View attachment 582
It's not showing a visible error like that but let me go test and see if the fix works just in case it's logging it but not showing it (I'm also running bootstrap 5 on my themes but there was a fix I know in setting that up).
It just dawned on me, that that installation changed the file you are pointing me to. Doh! I wonder if it's a bug within the bootstrap 5 fix?
(the theme here, https://forums.mysidiaadoptables.com/index.php?threads/1-3-6-bootstrap-5-theme.4243/, the one you posted)

I did try to put what you put here, but it changed my page to a solid white page. I can grab the error log if you want to see what happened.

It's not showing a visible error like that but let me go test and see if the fix works just in case it's logging it but not showing it (I'm also running bootstrap 5 on my themes but there was a fix I know in setting that up).
It just dawned on me, that that installation changed the file you are pointing me to. Doh! I wonder if it's a bug within the bootstrap 5 fix?
(the theme here, https://forums.mysidiaadoptables.com/index.php?threads/1-3-6-bootstrap-5-theme.4243/, the one you posted)

I did try to put what you put here, but it changed my page to a solid white page. I can grab the error log if you want to see what happened.
Hmm it does seem like an issue with the theme. I'll install it on my vanilla site and see if I can find what's wrong haha.

Side note, I also got the error on the vanilla site just now and it was indeed fixed by changing int to string on line 27 in pagination.php so looks like that might be a vanilla bug again lol. I didn't get a white page though so I'll install the Bootstrap theme and see what happens.

Okay, I installed the theme and I did get the error again. So I am wondering if you have errors turned off by default on your site?

2023-11-06 23_46_19-Greenshot.png

I changed line 27 and that seems to have fixed it. I'll edit the post to add the fixed file just in case that is the issue.

2023-11-06 23_49_56-Greenshot.png

Here's the pagination file just in case anyway haha. Hopefully it is working for you now but if not let me know and we can keep troubleshooting lol

Attachments

• pagination.php
    5.4 KB · Views: 2
Yup that fixed it! I'm glad it was something that could be rooted out and I appreciate your effort to fix it!