Recent content by Arianna

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
  1. Arianna

Hi again.

It's me, Arianna. :D Erm... well, the site looks very nice, and I'm looking forward to working on the script some more, and I like the color of my username. ^^
  2. Arianna

More efficient script

http://www.pixelpuppy.net/otherfiles/adoptables26.zip The file I've linked to is basically the Rusnak PHP Adoptables script, only more optimized. functions.php is more organized and uses less queries, the beginning and end of each page is much more adaptable to mods and other changes to the...
  3. Arianna

Anyone care to enlighten me as to why 188 queries are used on a page?

I implemented a query-count-and-tracking system on my site. And boy, I was shocked. The following is what you get if you load adopt.php. There are 3 adoptables up to adopt, but... well, look at the 188 queries... 188 queries were taken for this page. They are the following: SELECT * FROM...
  4. Arianna

Join query for optimization?

I'm trying to make so siggy.php (function getcurrentimage($id)) uses one join query. Now, this query has been tweaked and tweaked and tweaked, but it gets too many rows from the db. My original query worked fine if it wasn't an egg, but if it was (level=0) then it selected nothing at all. SELECT...
  5. Arianna

TwigAdopts

I believe I haven't posted this here yet. :3 TwigAdopts is my adoptables website. It's basically for the forum the Writers' Internet Guild, but we've got over 180 members. :3 We've been up for about 5 months, I think; perhaps more, perhaps less. Our members have adopted over 1500 adoptables...
  6. Arianna

Site Suspended - ways to put less strain on the server..?

My whole website (keep in mind this isn't just an adoptable website, it's a forum too) was just suspended due to 'the large amount of connections to images such as /twig/adoptables/siggy.php?id=1495'. Yeah, that's right - because of the adoptables script and people viewing images. I was hosted...
  7. Arianna

Could anyone help me?

Beware - this is mostly a rant, but I'm also asking you for help on what yo'd do in this situation. I'm having a problem with my site. It's not to do with the coding or anything like that, it's to do with another admin. You see, our site was 'invented' on a partner site. The idea was started by...
  8. Arianna

A Few Scripts. :D

I'm not posting them yet, because if no one wants them, I don't want to waste my time. xD Anyway... I've made a timezone script, updated the breeding script, perfected the decoration script, made a male/female alt script, a style script, a write-for-coins script, a family tree script and...
  9. Arianna

Shoutbox Mod ~ Finished. :) [[Also converts BBcode]]

Excuse me if this has been posted before. xD But I have a mod which I've just made. It's really simple, just a new database and a page, so tell me if you find any errors. Run this SQL query: CREATE TABLE `yoursite_adopts`.`adopts_shoutbox` ( `id` INT( 10 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , `user`...
  10. Arianna

Converting the Templates to PHP?

I want to convert my templates to PHP, for a feature that I'm making. You see, the theme url is 'blue.php', and it has a few things which are PHP in it. What, you ask? Well, this is the code in between the head tags: <head> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />...
  11. Arianna

Breeding System - Complete!

Firstly, I don't take credit for all this. This code was made by gabeki, Seapyramid, Brandon, and me. :D You'll need to have some kind of gender mod for this, so viewing the thread that I have would be very useful. ;) Just copy and paste the file at the bottom of this post into a file and call...
  12. Arianna

Multiple Usergroups [answered]

Is it possible to have users be in multiple usergroups? You see, there's this one pet in which you should be in a usergroup called "TWG Members". However, if you are a TWG member, you cannot be an admin/rootadmin/artist at the same time, which means people who technically should be both can't be...
  13. Arianna

Breeding

Yes, I know that this will take a lot of work and I'm certainly not the right person to be doing this, given my knowledge of PHP. Is anyone here making a script right now, or would anyonee like to give me some help on my current page (which is very drafty and probably not the right way to code...
  14. Arianna

Giving pets a Gender

This is my first 'mod', and a small one at it. I hope you like it. This mod is so your pets can have gender. I'd love to have a breeding system, but there's no way I'm going to be able to make that. First what we're going to do is we're going to open 'myadopts.php'. Find this part...
  15. Arianna

Gender? [answered]

Being the PHP beginner that I am, I know I messed something up. I added a new column to the owned_adoptables table, Gender. I had only one pet on the system, and I edited the myadopt action stats so that it showed the gender too. I manually entered the gender via phpmyadmin, no big deal yet...
  • Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts