What's new in Mys v1.3.4: Trade System(Part III: ACP for Trade System)

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Hall of Famer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mysidian Dollar
In the last part of the blogpost series I introduced the new public and partial trade concepts. The new trade system is meant to be powerful and flexible. The latter can be demonstrated by the appearance of Trade System management in ACP. It can be accessed easily by clicking the javascript ACP sidebar:
mrvfyb.jpg

The ACP for Trade system has three basic functionality - CRUD operations, Trade Moderations and System Settings. I will briefly explain all of them next.

CRUD Operations:
CRUD stands for Create, Read, Update and Delete, its presence is everywhere inside ACP. Creation of a new trade offer is easily done in ACP, but it may be a bit confusing. The fields for adopts and items use the IDs rather than adoptables species and itemnames, so it may not be convenient to play with unless you are quite familiar with adoptable and item IDs. Id say only use it for debugging purposes unless you have a better reason:
2mcyp0j.jpg

The management of existing trade offers, however, is much more likely to be useful for an adoptables site. You can edit a trade's content, either changing adoptables/items involved in trade or set the trade message/status to whatever you like. You may also get rid of trade offers that have already been completed in order to free up disc space. I honestly dont think CRUD for Trade is as useful as other features such as adoptables, levels, items and shops, but they are still there to provide you as much flexibility as possible:
2vje88n.jpg

Trade Moderations:
If you enable trade moderation, every trade offer will not be delivered to the recipient until an admin moderates and approves its validity. This works out in a similar way as thread/post/message moderation on forumwares, and they can be useful for good reasons. You apparently do not want certain users to spam the trade station, although simply banning these trouble-makers may be a better option?
2q0onxg.jpg

Anyway, every trade whose status is 'moderate' will line up in the queue for you or your fellow admin user to approve, just as the above screenshot demonstrates. If you click the 'moderate' button, you will be redirected to the trade review page, which will give you a complete picture of what are inside the trade offer. It is your choice to either approve or disapprove this trade offer afterwards:
14y8q35.jpg

Once approved/disapproved, the trade sender will receive a message informing him/her the decision of site admins on trade moderation. If approved, the trade offer will be labeled as 'pending', and then forwarded to the recipient. Otherwise, the trade is labeled as 'canceled', and wont reach the recipient. It can be an effective way to block off spamming or unreasonable trade offers.
2iw3xg4.jpg

System Settings:

The new ACP for trade also allows site root admins to edit settings for trade station. This gives admins another degree of freedom working on their sites, you can enable/disable features such as multiple adopts/items trade, public/partial trade and trade moderation, or you can set certain trade properties such as ineligible species/items/usergroup, and tax payment. You may even disable the trade system at the times of debugging. It works in a similar way as the settings for pound and breeding system, below is a screenshot for the settings page:
24fi45g.jpg

So what do you think? The introduction of ACP for trade system will make it more flexible for admins to play with, but of course it may take some time to get used to the new system.

This concludes my 3-part article series about the new trade system. There are still features that you will need to explore yourself, maybe some miracles or accidents or occur? I hope you all enjoy the latest work I've done for Mys v1.3.4, the new version should be available within a week.

Hall of Famer

Well the trade system introduces a lot of new class files, but in terms of old files only trade.php and mytrades.php are actually affected. It should not interfere with other systems such as breeding, daycare and itemshop in any possible way.