Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Hall of Famer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mysidian Dollar
Just a few days after finishing off the long-awaited Breeding System overhaul, I managed to complete another feature for Mys v1.3.3. This time it is the daycare center, and the idea was brought up by Iris who suggested it a while ago. It is a convenient page for users/guests to click on adoptables that desperately need love. I've also successfully integrated the daycare center in admin control panel, under the section 'Adopt Level'. This is what it look like in ACP:

1z4jrd1.jpg

Now allow me to explain what choices admins have to edit the daycare center to suit their needs. First of all, you can enable/disable daycare center, the default value is enabled so daycare center will show up on a freshly-installed site. Second, you can decide the display method, whether to be 'all' or 'random'. The 'all' option allows all eligible adoptables to show up in daycare center in ascending level order, while 'random' only shows certain number of pets to pop up each time but shows them in random order. The next two options determine how many adopts should be displayed per page and per row. You can also set the level cap for adoptables to appear in daycare center, the default is 1. You may specify species ineligible for daycare center. On the other hand, you can determine the stats/info of adoptables to be displayed in daycare center, for now six stats are available. The last option decides whether the current user's adoptables will show up in daycare center too, the default is no.

To get a detailed preview of how the daycare center looks like, I've prepared two screenshots for the display method 'all' and 'random'. As you see, pagination is used when you choose to display all eligible adoptables, while for random pets its only one page but adoptables can show up at any time or order:

2ryhuud.jpg

33e0nyb.jpg

So what do you think? Well this is by no means to be a big a feature as the advanced breeding system, but I am sure it will help some users out and allow them to make a more flexible site. Right now I only have this customizable sidebar feature to complete before Mys v1.3.3, so the next release is around the corner. Until then, have fun playing around with the script everyone. My spring break starts next Friday, so yeah lots of things can be done then.

Absolutely brilliant! HoF you are really out doing yourself!

So, what are you planning for the sidebar? I know a lot of users want to add things like the user's avatar to the side bar as well as customize the layout and links...so what have you got in mind?

Well customizing the links is definitely a yes, adding extra contents is possible but I aint sure at this point especially when it comes down to modules that requires PHP code to execute. I dont think you can edit the layout directly in ACP though, but this can be done by modifying the css.

Ah, yeah...well hopefully it won't be too much trouble for you!