The daily chit chat thread!

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
I always get As in my Biology class, whereas the class average is 17. Of course, everyone in there's an idiot, LOL. I knew I should have taken AP. >>

lol the average is 17? What is the full score of your Biology class, 100? o_o

I am not that good with Biology though, I dont like memorizing this many materials. XD

I killed biology and ya AP is the sh!t. Got some college credit put me way ahead, and saved money :smile: maybe go ahead and try the ap test anyway? i knew people that were able to pull it off without the class just do some extra studing. goodluck.

I'm moving on to chemistry in science. (I'm in 7th grade science so it's not just one subject like Biology or Physics. It's mostly biology. (though honestly I'd rather some more Physics and Chemistry o3o))

So far everything we are learning in Chemistry I already knew from 5th grade. It's obviously going to get harder. It's kind of funny how my Science Teacher doesn't like Physics and she has to teach it. XD

I remember how boring (to me) the genetics unit was to me. I love science but that was starting to get confusing and it didn't really interest me so I didn't pay attention as much. :coloness:

And I have a math test on Wednesday. The study guide I got tonight for homework was really difficult and confusing yet I got a 100 on both my tests in this math unit. I wonder why... I'll probably learn most of the information I don't know tomorrow from either math class or this virtual teacher thingy online.

you should take calculus when you get there, loads of fun:jay:

I've heard bad remarks about it all the time. Although I'm not really sure what to expect though it seems quite complicated from what I heard from my math teacher and people in the internet/older people in real life.

Had a horrible night, still couldnt sleep... On my pokemon forum an ex-staff tried to delete all the threads/posts, he did it massively and the postcount decreased from 148k to 107k atm I realized this and demoted him. Luckily I was able to restore Sunday's database backup file so that not much is lost(only lost yesterday's threads/posts), but still this spoiled my day...

I remember how boring (to me) the genetics unit was to me. I love science but that was starting to get confusing and it didn't really interest me so I didn't pay attention as much. :coloness:

Le Gasp~ I love genetics. :D I've liked breeding in animals, namely horses, since I was old enough to understand that if the parents are this color, you'll probably get this color but honestly, you don't know. My horse is bright red- called a chestnut by some and a sorrel by others, but honestly just a bizzare color- and both of his parents are brown. I did some digging and his great granpa (No, I don't remember the name) was a famous racehorse of the same color. Anyways, my cats always have kittens every year and I'm always just sooooo excited to see the colors because I don't know what the males look like (they come, they leave, we usually don't see 'em). I'll post pictures this year.

LOL the class average was 17. I was shocked. Mine's like, a 90, so how is that the class average..? I dunno. Maybe my teacher's math was funky.

I'm sorry HOF, hope your day gets better... :(

I got interested in the genetics of coloration with my Cockatiel, Bella. She's a cinnamon whiteface split to pied. Bonus points if you can tell me what that means. :D

I have no idea :p Google provided no answers, for once.

Well, I'll give you a hint.
Cockatiels have two pigments, melanin and lipochromes. Cinnamon mutation changes the expression of melanin, normally cockatiels are a dark gray color, into a brown-gray.

Cinnamon is sex-linked mutation, and as a note female birds have XY and males have XX chromosomes.

Whiteface is a recessive mutation, and means that there are no yellow or orange pigments.

Pied is also recessive, but to be split means that the bird carried one copy of this recessive gene and shows it. Maybe the bird has one light colored toenail, or maybe (like my bird) they have a small patch of white/yellow on the back of their necks.

We know that my bird is female because she doesn't have a nice, white colored head like a male white face would. She has a higher chance of being a female just because of her mutation, and she can't carry the gene the way a male could. It's the opposite of say, color blindness, which is X-linked in humans. It has everything to do with the sex chromosomes.

Cockatiel color mutations are awesome. Picture

Last edited:
Today at work our e-mails and website went down D: Just found out the company we use for those can't be called. 'Your call cannot be completed as dialed'.

In the meantime I've come up with an awesome adoptable site idea. Planning is fun when I'm bored ^w^

Last edited:
lol that sounds like an impressive number, congrats. Sorry guys/gals I've been sick since my finals ended, no idea why but this happened to me when I was a Freshman and Sophomore so I am will prepared. It wasnt that bad until Friday, but I wish I could get over it soon.

*test new sig*

EDIT; :O it's nice!
Already 3 new members to my website today =D