Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

powerchaos

WebMaster
Mysidian Dollar
dear users

at current moment i am doing a redesign/rewriting of the 1.3.1 version

because of the code in it i started to write it again from scratch (other login system , other way to verifie users and so on )

most things will be differend but other things will be the same

i still use the base code of the 1.3.1 version to create the rewrite , but on the same time i am applying changes to optimise it or to make it easyer to edit/debug

because the script will stop working for php 5.2.x on version 1.4.0 was i thinking of making a version for php 5.2.x that contains the same as the 1.4.0

at current stage i got a login working and some seo urls ( with htacces and a option to disable it )

most prashes are in a single language file , dynamic created so you can get other languages by placing it in the language folder ( like en.php , fr.php and so on )

also the template system got a rewrite , the template system use still the same core and can be changed as a member
the admin can set the default template (database )

this is how far i got at current moment

• easy template (easy to edit , splitted in 3 files , header , footer and sidebar)
  • register page and errors are in a lang file
  • seo urls and non seo urls are enabled by just changing a setting in the config file
  • login and register works
  • theme selection works (database) with failsafe protection (delete folder and return back to default)
  • ranks are working ( staff/admin/member )
  • other pages are just in a folder ..adding a new page is just putting it into that folder and done :D

so it is still a lot to do before the rewrite is done

also i wonder what you think of my template i choosed to be a default template

http://earth.demonpower.com

you can login to test with the username/pass test (or register your own on my test database )

but be warned , nothing will work as it is still far from complete , it just gives a idea of how i make the template and the changes compared to the original script

let me know what you think of it

Greetings From PowerChaos

Well I am not really sure if you can just copy all features from Mys v1.4.0 and make it compatible with PHP 5.2. This will be a much more difficult job than converting Mys v1.3.2 and v1.3.3 into PHP 5.2 compatible format. But good luck with that, if it helps some people.

thank you
it also depends how the code is written and how complicated the code is written

everything can be done in php on one way or a other :D

the reason why i started from fresh is because of the code
if i write my own code then i know how it works and can i easy debug if there are errors

if i know what the system does or how the system does it then i am sure i can write some code for it to do the same or that can look the same

anyway
we will see how it goes once it is so far :D

ps: what you like of the template ?

Greetings From PowerChaos