Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5.2.x

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 5.3.x

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 5.4.x

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
I have PHP 5.3.8 running on the new server, though I have multiple hosting accounts and some are using PHP 5.2.17.

I have no idea... o,O How would i find out? If you can guide me to the info I'd gladly answer the question..

Check your control panel it should list it under the normal information like bandwidth and such.

If not you can use:

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Add that to a page it should give you a list of info. It's Very important you delete it after you get the info you need!

Well PHP 5.3.0 added lots of new functions, especially for date/time. Since some of webhosts still use PHP 5.2.x, we may as well not use them until all known webhosts upgrade their PHP.

Well PHP 5.3.0 added lots of new functions, especially for date/time. Since some of webhosts still use PHP 5.2.x, we may as well not use them until all known webhosts upgrade their PHP.

I noticed the poll has 5.4 as an option.. is that already released or still in beta or whatever? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm .. practically a n00b with the whole site thing..

Yes, the stable version of PHP 5.4 was released on 1st of March I think.
Shame, that some of you are still using PHP 5.2.x (your webhost I mean), because I was really hoping that Mys can take advantages of the new features in PHP 5.3 :ColonEE:

Last edited:
Well it is about time when those stubborn webhosts upgrade, we just have to keep a close eyes on their moves and see when PHP 5.3.x new features can be implemented. If you have a VPS or dedicated host, you have full control over the version of your PHP and other stuff, which is good. Freehosts can be a problem, they do not take requests of upgrading PHP or Apache that easily.