[Official] Suggestion/Feature Request List

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Just a quick update, Mys v1.3.1 has been released and the promocode and pound features requests have been completed. The next security release will have adoptables shop, and maybe more.

Hey guys, this thread has been updated for ALL versions of MYS, so tell me your suggestions! Plus if you tell me your favourite ones from the list, I can mark them as frequently requested, and hopefully up the chances of them being added to the script sooner.

A quick update, some more suggestions were added! If anyone's got any ideas, please tell me.

I think it looks good for now, if any of you have suggestions please bring them up. Note not every feature will be implemented by Mys v1.4.0, it depends on how complex it is and whether it depends on other features/systems to work properly.

A simple crafting system, maybe? ItemA+ItemB+ItemC=ItemD? Users select the items from a drop down box and can get a new item from it? Kind of like... item breeding. There could also be a limit to how many times it could be done in a day or penalties (loss of items) if they made a bad combination.

A simple crafting system, maybe? ItemA+ItemB+ItemC=ItemD? Users select the items from a drop down box and can get a new item from it? Kind of like... item breeding. There could also be a limit to how many times it could be done in a day or penalties (loss of items) if they made a bad combination.

Actually I was thinking about an alchemy idea for a Mys v1.3.x mod before, did not make it since there was little demand for plugins since Mys v1.3.0's release. If this is released, it will most likely come out as an addon/plugin for Mys v1.4.x rather than an official feature.

Never did understand the point of plugins being made by the staff and not the community. o_o;

How about CSS/HTML for profiles?

umm CSS/HTML for profiles? You are talking about something like profile customization you see from VBulletin forums?

Never did understand the point of plugins being made by the staff and not the community. o_o;

Not many people I've seen around here know how to program and when they do or when they learn, they use those ideas on their websites or simply don't know how to explain properly xD Like I don't share mine because I don't use the admincp, I edit stuff directly on the code or database, which makes it harder for people to maintain I guess

Actually technically are two types of plugins: Addons and Mods. The former(addons) requires essentially no modification of existing files and only add hooks to the program flow. This is the ideal way a plugin system works, since addons survive even after you upgrade your site with the upgrader script.

The latter(mods) are quite self-explanatory, it requires you to either edit part of the script files yourself or if you have fresh installation or barely modified script, just download the provided files to overwrite the old ones. They are easier to make, but can be problematic to upgrade once a core script file is modified in a new release. At this stage all Mysidia plugins are mods, although in future I'm thinking about designing an advanced plugin/hook system to make addons possible.

So whats the point? All current Mysidia mods require modification of existing files, so users are always using them for their own risks. There's little difference if your mods come with ACP integration or not. I definitely recommend you to share your mods if you dont mind, users will appreciate them. Also it may gain you a premium membership if your contribution is significant.

What I meant is that I think it makes it harder for people to maintain the code and adapt it (modify values and the like) without acp integration - a nice menu with all the options already shown to you to update values is less likely to screw up a certain page on the site than having to mess with the code or database itself xD

Yeah, after exams, I will try to adapt some of my mods to 1.3.4 and post them since most users are going for that now (I don't think I understand how the setField() and getField() work very well yet, I understand it's all in a hash table, but still figuring it out)