Neopets Expat to Developer, Hopefully?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Enkidus

Mysidian Dollar
Hello all! I'm Enkidus (he/him) and I grew up on Neopets! I also played Flight Rising back in Beta, but eventually left the site as it was too much for my little brain :p Thanks to a friend's encouragement, I'm taking the next logical step... and trying to make my own virtual pet site, maybe? Who knows! Please help me! Thrilled to be here!

I know this is going to sound super discouraging and maybe a few other things- but I gotta tell you honestly- owning a petsite is alot of hard work. You have to learn coding (or hire a coder- and they're expensive) You have to draw artwork (or hire and artist- again most are expensive) and theres all kinds of other things that must be done as well- like thinking of ideas, events, and what pets you want- possible story line? bug fixes, fixing other things- making sure to engage the commuinity... Its alot more work than people think it is- its not just a "oh im gonna make a petsite!" and it exists. XD
Its a ton of work!
I do wish you luck however! everyone deserves a shot at living their petsite dreams! I just dont want you to have rose tinted glasses on this- Its discouraging, work and can get sooooo frusterating! but its also rewarding, and lovely and it makes you happy when people enjoy what you make. but it takes time, effort, work and alot of frusteration.
And im just gonna toss this here in case- I do allow people to make mini worlds on my petsite- in case you dont wanna deal with all that work. Just join the atrocity discord and message me. (im not logged in here too often.)

In anycase I do wish you luck!
<3

Welcome to Mysidia! If you don't know much about coding I recommend having the Mysidia Hosting. Famer installs everything for you. Ittermat is right, it is really tough if you don't have a lot of knowledge but I'm always willing to help give a hand where I can to new pet site creators because I know how much it meant to me to have a site of my own. So I'm trying to pass on the kindness I got and I just enjoy helping people when and if I can. So message me preferably on the Mysidia discord if you need anything! I'll help the best I can and answer questions.