Mysidia Installation Tutorials

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
For some reason x10hosting won't allow me to make an account because of where I'm from D: Is there another recommended hosting site I can use? The one in the tutorial seems to be unavailable.

PHP Error

I tried to go to the main page of my site after installing it all which appeared to be done correctly.

I get this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/a6129902/public_html/classes/resource/native/objective.php on line 3

*Edit*
Opened the file and line 3 is this:
namespace Resource\Native;

Do I remove namespace because the lower lines don't have that in front?

*Edit2*
I tried to go to my site's main link (chibifurs.netne.net) and it doesn't load anything. Just takes me to:
http://error404.000webhost.com/?

Last edited:
Well the official installation guide states this:

Also make sure your server is running on PHP 5.3.0+ and supports PDO, the latter is especially important.

So PHP 5.2 is not supported by the script, and never will be. You need to find a way to upgrade to PHP 5.3, some webhosts provide ways to choose the PHP versions. Ask 000webhost if this is possible, and if not you may need to switch to other webhosts such as x10hosting.

I decided to use x10hosting but I can't understand how to make FileZilla connect to it.

I created the database and assigned the user but I've tried various usernames, passwords and hosts and nothing lets it connect.

x10hosting has a horrible interface. Its pretty much 3 basic icons. None of the usual stuff I see on other hosts so I don't see how to check the host name or anything. For all I know, I'm putting in the wrong things into FileZilla.

Did you try using yoursite.com or ftp.yoursite.com as host? x10hosting's ftp host information is usually very easy to identify and follow. If you still are confused, send me a private message and let me know what information you received from x10hosting. I will try to help you there. ^^

This confuses me soooo much. Can someone help me understand this? :ohnoes:

Um the gemstone hosting won't work, and the other one is glitchy, is there any other web hosting sites that are alike?

Last edited:
Actually x10hosting will work you just fine, all you have to do is to change something in your path class file.

I hope I can ask here:
I accidently set the rights of the inc directory to 777 instead of the config.php, which rights should it normally have? Was it 755?

Plus which config should i change? config_adopts and config_forums?

Last edited:
Well it does not matter whether its 777 or 755, but for security reason its better to keep config folder to 755. The file you need to change is config_adopts.php, edit file name to config.php and it should work.

Error after installation

I got stuck offline for a long time and my site got deleted.
I redid everything and reinstalled.
It said I had installed everything correctly but when I tried to go to my site, all I get is a weird error.

Code:
Warning: require(home/chibifurs.elementfx.com/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/chibifu2/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Warning: require(home/chibifurs.elementfx.com/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/chibifu2/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'home/chibifurs.elementfx.com/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/chibifu2/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

This is what is in my class_mysidia.php for that section:
Code:
    public function getTemplate(){
	    $templateClass = "inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php";
        require $this->path->getRoot().$templateClass;

$this->template = new Template($this->path);
		Registry::set(new String("template"), $this->template, TRUE, TRUE);
        return $this->template;
    }

Re

I got stuck offline for a long time and my site got deleted.
I redid everything and reinstalled.
It said I had installed everything correctly but when I tried to go to my site, all I get is a weird error.

Code:

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'home/chibifurs.elementfx.com/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/chibifu2/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

This is what is in my class_mysidia.php for that section:
Code:
    public function getTemplate(){
	    $templateClass = "inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php";
        require $this->path->getRoot().$templateClass;

$this->template = new Template($this->path);
		Registry::set(new String("template"), $this->template, TRUE, TRUE);
        return $this->template;
    }
I actually had this problembefore... it got fixed after I asked the host to turn off error messages or something.

I actually had this problembefore... it got fixed after I asked the host to turn off error messages or something.

Turning my error messages just leads to a blank page.
I tried the various blank page fixes and they do nothing.
Lucky I used to love that show, blankety blank huh coz that's all I get.