Moving To New Host?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Storyteller

Mysidian Dollar
Hello,

I am working on moving my Mysidia based pet site from one host (iPage) to another. Are there any tutorials that can teach me how to do this transition smoothly? I tried ftp all the files in my File Manager to my computer and then to the new host File Manager, and then Export the database and Import it into a new one on the new host, but it didn't work.

Total newbie here, any help would be seriously appreciated!

Well all you have to do is to back up your site(inside public_html) through FTP, and your database file through phpmyadmin, then upload the same one to your new webhost.

I tried that. I had to rename my database and users with a new password as my new host won't let me name them in the same format as before. I updated my config file to reflect the changes, but my site is showing an error =\

Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'whitemea_wubbiedb1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Last edited:
You dont really need to name your new database the same format as the old one. Just create new database with new username/password, put them in your config.php. Then go to phpmyadmin, and import the records from database backup.