mixed breeding outcome?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

llazybonezz

Mysidian Dollar
is there a way to make breed outcomes a mix of the parents? instead of an exact copy of either parent, could you mix colors,patterns,etc.? i’m not sure if this is possible, but ultimately with breeding 2 different classes is there a way to do a mix of both parent?

You can add 'breed adopts' in the admin cp, but you need to design them. So if you have a red adopt and a blue adopt you could design a purple and add it as a breed adopt when people breed those 2 pets together. With the base script there's no way to have it automatically merge them unless you change the adopt system to use layers instead of pre-designed adopts. It is possible to do this, as others have successfully done it, but there's no full tutorial out there for the most recent versions of the script.

2022-12-28 11_39_47-Bean Pets and 8 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png

2022-12-28 11_40_02-Greenshot.png

You can select both parents and even if one needs to be the female/male so you can add some cool surprises for people to discover.

Hope that helps :giggle:

There is simple PHP code to do this, but how to get it into the complexities of Mysidia is beyond me. On the php side you would need to have transparent layers of parts of your image, such as line art, base color art, etc and you can use the imagecreatetruecolor function on the specific layer you want color changed, then remerge the layers with php code https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagecreatetruecolor.php

kittHaven- thank you so so much!! i’ll definitely be using this, i didn’t understand the breed adopts system until now <3

Kesstryl- ah okay!!!! i think i’ll give the breed adopts a go and see if i like it, then maybe can implement the php code later if needed!! thank you so much for your help!!!!!
l