Hi! New here and can't wait to get started, having a little trouble tho!

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Chewydabacca

Mysidian Dollar
Hi! I'm Chewy and I'm completely new to web development. I've always wanted to create a adoptable site like flight rising, but never managed to learn how to. The template sounds amazing, but I simply cannot think of how to get started...

I've downloaded the Mysidia adoptables v1.3.6, and it's sitting in a folder, what do I do now? Is there a guide that can help?

Welcome to Mysidia Adoptables. You will need to upload the folder to your web server, I assume you have a webhost so you need to this with FTP. Then you run the installer script(since Mys v1.3.6, it will redirect you to installer if you go to index page). There are video tutorials on how to do this, you can check them out.

Hello, welcome! :giggle: As HOF said you ideally need a web host online to use the script, and if you don't already have one there are some free ones out there.

Mysidia also has one called MysidiaHost which is free, I think to get one of those you need to PM Hall of Famer and ask to have one set up for you.

To upload files to an online web host you need a program like FileZilla (the one I use) which allows you to access your online files from your computer and upload changes you make.

However, I recommend using a program like WAMP at the start, as that allows you to make your website locally (on your own PC) without it being online. This is good as it means you can edit files and see the changes and errors straight away, whereas if you need to upload them first it takes longer and is a bit frustrating lol. This also helps to prevent people finding your site before it's ready and also for the most part you can program offline!

Spoiler: WAMP instructions if you need them 

WAMP is here: Download

Click one of these:

2022-01-05 06_21_03-WampServer, la plate-forme de développement Web sous Windows - Apache, MyS...png

Depending on what your computer is (most likely 64 bit I think, but depends on your machine).

Then click the yellow link and ignore the form below it:

2022-01-05 06_22_09-WampServer, la plate-forme de développement Web sous Windows - Apache, MyS...png

Then when you download you can follow the instructions on this post (click). Things are ever so slightly different for the most recent version of WAMP, so go to this post of the thread where I have mentioned what is different. Hopefully with both those links you can get it installed properly!

If you need detailed instructions going over how to do it feel free to ask and I will write up how to do it for 1.3.6 step by step for you.

Hope that helps and you can get started making your own site :LOL: Do bear in mind though that a lot of the mods, tutorials, etc, are designed for 1.3.4 and below and won't work straight out of the box just pasting them into your 1.3.6 files. I have posted a few things I have managed to get working with 1.3.6 but as I am waiting for 1.4 before really jumping into making my site none of them are for the big mods or anything.

Also if you have a Discord there is a Mysidia Discord you can join, though it's not that active, haha. If you ask for help though people will respond.

Link: https://discord.gg/pwswzrd2WH

Welcome to Mysidia! :D I always had Famer install my script haha. So I can't help there, but once you get it working then I could be of help getting familiar with how to do things.