[guide] Setting up WAMP w/Mysidia

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Where did you place the mysidia files and move all files from the extracted mysidia folder to wamp ^^

please put all mysidia files and folder in c://wamp64/www/
do not make another folder named eqqus just put all folder and files in /www
that is the main reason for it ^^

If I do that is it still possible to have two sites? I'm practicing building right now. If not, I'll settle on one. Thank you for your help!

You can work on one site but if you want your second site then create a folder for that website in www folder but mysidia website files and folder will be in www :meow:

Config_adopts (later renamed to just config) will always be empty until after you run the installation. Are you sure you're accessing /install.php and not /install?

I've gotten it to install. But now I can't access the site because of the fatal error. I'm wondering if the mysidia PHP is a different version from the WAMP and that's why it's all broke. Unsure.

Yeah and I don't know what version of PHP WAMP is running. I downloaded the most recent one though. So I'm going to investigate older versions later and try again. Thank you both for your help!

You should be able to change the PHP version without downloading an older version of WAMP. I haven't used it in a while (I've been using XAMPP lately) but I think you can right-click the WAMPP icon in the tray and click on the PHP folder. From there I think you can change/check the version.

EDIT: Here's a guide: https://kostasbariotis.com/multiple-php-versions-on-wampserver/

I have it set to 'PHP 5.6.31'. That seems to be the default and I get the error with that. What version of PHP should I be running with Mysidia?

Yeah, no. Still not working. I've gone through all the steps of changing the PHP version. It threw up errors so I tried fixing those. NOT WORKING. I give up with this thing. Any news on when Mysidia will be updated? Guess I'm going to try this the old fashioned way. =/

Honestly, I don't think the update's coming since we haven't heard anything about it's progress in years. If v4 is coming though, it probably won't be for another few years.

If any one is using the 1.3.6 version of the script and installs WAMP there are a few things that are different. For one thing the Apache_rewrite module should be on by default (at least it was for me), so no need to worry about that, and if you use a mySQL version higher than 5.7.6 (I decided to use version 8) you need to use:

SQL:
ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpassword';

Instead of:

SQL:
SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost = PASSWORD('yourpassword');

To set your password in the mySQL section of the database! :D

If you don't it will tell you that your syntax is wrong. Hope that helps someone :)