Getting a 1.3.5 version explore code to work for 1.3.6?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

llazybonezz

Mysidian Dollar
Ive been trying to make an explore area on my website, but ive run into a bit of a wall. Ive had a lot of help with the set up from someone on discord but we came to the conclusion that their code for the explore page they use works in 1.3.5, but i have version 1.3.6.

The issue im running into is, when i type the explore area URL, it takes me to the index page.

How can i tweak the codes to work in 1.3.6? We both have been trying, but no progress.

The explore area im trying to make is called nightlife. Files ive created are, nightlife.php (located in public.html), nightlifeview.php(located in the view/main file), cron.php (located in the public.html) and a cronjob through the myphpadmin. i can show the code for these files if needed.

edited files - nightlife.php made into nightlifecontroller.php and moved into the controller/main file

I was the one helping them...I'd prefer it if we could put them on 1.3.5, they mentioned they had chosen it as the one they wanted installed. Can we do this famer? I cant help them or anyone else with 1.3.6, and I want to help.

Last edited:
If there is any available documentation for switching from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6, i think that would be the most helpful! a lot of mods, and coding help is for earlier versions! I am very much a beginner when it comes to coding, so i need all the help i can get! I am so happy to have found mysidia because its brought me way closer to making the website ive always wanted! I recognize that i need help, but there isnt much available for 1.3.6 so ive really been struggling! Being able to translate code information from earlier version to work in 1.3.6 would be so helpful for me, and im sure many others who have very little coding knowledge as well!

most of us are struggling a lot with modding or getting previous mods to work, on 1.3.6. Hope you get this worked out and good luck :)

ive tried to get namespace to work, but i think my level of coding knowledge is keeping me back. Ill put the codes below, if anything looks off let me know!

Attachments

• cron.php
    309 bytes · Views: 1
  • nightlifeview.php
    9.1 KB · Views: 1
  • nightlifecontroller.php
    409 bytes · Views: 1
The first thing I notice without testing it on my own site is that <?php needs to go at the top of the files, before the namespace and resource lines. Try these. That's the only change I have made because I can't test it on my own site currently lol.

Also I don't know what program you use to edit code files but I highly recommend notepad++. It's 100% free and has syntax highlighting that lets you know if things might be off. For example when I opened the file this is what I saw:

2022-12-25 08_25_44-_C__Users_elano_Downloads_nightlifecontroller.php - Notepad++.png

The namespace and resource lines being in black meant I could see that was the problem straight away.

Hope all that helps and good luck with your site :giggle:

Attachments

• nightlifecontroller.php
    409 bytes · Views: 0
  • nightlifeview.php
    9.1 KB · Views: 0