Free servers that allow PHP?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Smokeberry

Mysidian Dollar
I was wondering if there are any good, trustworthy servers that let you use PHP. I have an adoptable site, and it's made off of the free MyAdopts site. But I have seen some sites that are made off of the script, and they seem a lot more engaging. So, I was going to have a site on Webs, but then I realized that they don't support PHP unless you're a premium member. >.< Can anyone recommend a good place to go? Thanks! :D

I host my website on 000webhost.com and they support PHP. :) But there are a few limits to other stuff, but otherwise, I prefer it more than most, it doesn't have ads ( Besides a javascript piece that doesn't show on the page, only in the "Show Source" part. But it doesn't bother me. ) You're not allowed to have Chat like things, or something that continually receives info for other stuff isn't allowed, but you could have a Shoutbox that doesn't automatically reload. ( Just trying to find Pros and Cons. :p ) So yeah. :) http://000webhost.com/ ( And mine, for an example, http://playfultest.freeiz.com/ )

I have said it before & will say it again! If you want an adoptables site you better PAY for a host! Many free servers will give you a site & in 3-6 months (if you are lucky to last you that long) shut you down! Adoptables sites are high CPU usage by nature & while I love Brandons Script, it is made for dummies & higher on CPU then it needs to be! You want a site, pay for it & IF it's good you WILL need a VPS withing 2 years & be paying a ton more! That's the business & if you want to be in it, you will have to pay or be shut down.

Sea

I think it depends on how many users you have and on how many forums and stuff your images are posted on.
I was running Brandon's script on a paid server (at $5 a month) and my account got suspended because of the amount of CPU usage. I personally think there are too many queries, but what can you say?