Filezilla and 000webhost problem?

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

FyxTheShinigami

Mysidian Dollar
So I enter the login information but end up getting this when I try to connect with Filezilla:

[CODEStatus: Resolving address of mysql12.000webhost.com
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server][/CODE]

What does this mean? Am I doing this correctly?

First off, it's against the terms of service for 000webhost to host game site scripts, such as this one, so... good luck. I would completely remove the shoutbox pages (as chat scripts themselves are also against the terms of service) and write a visible notice on your page to tell them you are merely developing/testing a site and it is not open to the public, and state that you have full intentions of upgrading to paid hosting when your development period has ended.

As for your ftp problems, double check the information that you should be giving Filezilla here:
ftp_by_kyttias-d8ffs8r.png

I have had an account there in the past and it is a good host, it just has a rather strict terms of service.

(If you have further issues connecting your 000webhost account to filezilla, consult the 000webhost forums or their customer service for assistance?)

Last edited:
Alright. Thanks for the info! Do you know where I can get a host that allows Mysidia? 10xhosting won't work due to my whole ISP (Frontier) apparently being blocked from "abuse".

I don't think any free host would allow Mysidia. Or if they do, they would change their mind. Because it creates a lot of server load if the site becomes popular.

I use Arvixe, it has affordable options, but it works with Mysidia. The support is pretty good too.

I see you have found my host at 99webs.org.

We would be happy to accommodate you!

with our dedicated server (dedicated vps server :veeee:) you will find plenty of power to run your site. Especially compared to any other free host...

^ Yes, Nemesis can definitely help you! He'll set you up with some free space and FTP details to put stuff up in it over at 99webs.org! :usedusedused: