Fatal error with using item

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Kesstryl

Mysidian Dollar
I'm experimenting with basic features of 1.3.6 and tried to use an item which should give 3 clicks on my pet. This error comes up whenever I try to use the item on the pet from the item page

An error has occurred...​

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'function = 'Click3'' at line 2

If you are using MySQL 8+, function becomes a reserved word. To fix the issue, replace function by `function` (enclose the text with backticks `).

ok, I will have to find where that is located, the code is constructed in bits and pieces. I was hoping for a pointer to where this error is occurring. i am using php 8.

Oh this error has nothing to do with PHP version, Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.6 should work on PHP 8. The issue is MySQL 8 which adds a new keyword that was not there in the past versions. I think it is located at file /model/domainmodel/itemfunction.php file, line 22:

PHP:
$whereclause = is_numeric($functioninfo) ? "ifid = :functioninfo" : "function = :functioninfo";

You need to replace it by:

PHP:
$whereclause = is_numeric($functioninfo) ? "ifid = :functioninfo" : "`function` = :functioninfo";

A very minor change, but to escape the keyword function with backtick `. Lemme know if this fixes your problem.

Thank you, that worked! Yes, I am running MySQL 8 as I'm using the latest version of Wamp.

You are very welcome. I am glad it works, and thank you for bringing up this issue. I thought Mys v1.3.6 should be compatible with latest technology, seems I forgot about MySQL 8.