Evolution System: Perfect for a Pokemon or Digimon site

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Well I will show you an example of how to do multiple stage evolution for adoptables. It is quite easy though, but maybe a tutorial is gonna help. I may also post solutions for other possible evolution approaches in premium members forum, such as item and trade based evolution.

I asked HOF over user messages and he told me this:

All you have to do is to create a new adoptable called Ivysaur, enter its evolution info as you did for Bulbasaur. Just keep in mind you enter the evolution level to be 32 and evolution form to be Venusaur, or your Ivysaur evolves into Ivysaur again. XD

Remember to enter the correct evolution info for Ivysaur. Remember for Bulbasaur, the evolution level is set to be 16 and its evolution form is Ivysaur. For Ivysaur, just repeat the same steps of creating an adoptable in acp, and change the evolution level from 16 to 32 while evolution form from Ivysaur to Venusaur. This should work for you.
So if I got this right you just make a new adopt (Ivysaur) and enter it's evolution, (Venusaur, and lvl at 36) the same way way you did as Bulbasaur. Then again create new adoptable (Venusaur) and it automatically changes the name?

Did I get that right Hall of Famer?

Yes, this is the way it is supposed to work. Also make sure you do not make a mistake when entering information for Venusaur, or the image will not show.

So....uh just to be clear, we really DO need to add new levels to the _levels table?
(for Ivysaur and Venusaur)

OK I tested this:

I made a Bulbasaur, made it's evolution Ivysaur at lvl 1 (for a test).

Made a new adopt Ivysaur

Added one lvl

Adopted Bulbasaur

Clicked it and got a X for the image but it's name did change to Ivysaur just not the picture.

I did this about 3 times with the same conclusion.

umm thats not supposed to be the conclusion at all! There must be some wrong settings for the image url of Ivysaur and Venusaur on your site. Can you show me a screenshot of your Ivysaur and Venusaur in prefix_adoptables, and prefix_owned_adoptables table? I'd like to see what went wrong. A possible reason is that you did not create levels for Ivysaur and Venusaur, which did cause a similar problem on my site before.

A possible reason is that you did not create levels for Ivysaur and Venusaur, which did cause a similar problem on my site before.

This was the problem I didn't know that Ivysaur neede to have the same ammounts of lvls in this case Ivysaur need a lvl 16.

Make a Ivysaur give it 16 levels so when bulbasaur hits 16 you get a lvl 16 Ivysaur?

Question does the evolution pick up gender and alt picture as well? I noticed it retains it's name I was wondering if the other do to.

Yeah, you will need to create levels for Ivysaur and Venusaur too in order for the script to work properly. Since the only things that change are your pet's species name and evolution info upon evolving, its gender, altimages and any other attributes should retain.

Just a quick note (it's kinda funny XD) if you search "Mysidia Adoptables" on Google this thread appears BEFORE the actual forums XD

lol yeah, wonder why this happens. It is a hot thread anyway, people ask and discuss lots of questions and issues here. XD

Just a quick question I thought of while adding adoptables in school today.

Would this evolution system break the "user can only have ____ of this adoptable?" Meaning if I have a Fire Starter Mew that can only be adopted twice, the user could get more of this adoptable by evolving the Fire Starter Mew to a Dark Fire Mew. :catfish:

Good question, Gigi. Unfortunately this is indeed a problem for my evolution system, I do have a solution for my pokemon site though. It defines a new concept called egg pokemon, which is crucial for breeding system I am working on for Pokemansion. A good example is Eeveelution, who all have the same egg pokemon, Eevee. The usage of egg pokemon can be extended to adoption, as you can set a limit based on adoptables with the same egg pokemon. It may sound a little bit complicated, but hopefully you understand what I am saying. You will love this idea once breeding becomes available. XD

I think I get it :smile: So (simply X3) I just make a new variable that states the lowest evolution form and make it check that? :meow:

Yeah, you get the point gigi. Actually you can do more than that with breeding system, since it will allow your evolved pokemon to give birth to their corresponding egg pokemon/baby pokemon. For instance, Venusaur's offspring are supposed to be Bulbasaur, not Venusaur. ^^

You are very welcome, I hope you like it. I will make an updated version of this evolution system once Mys v1.2.0 is available.