Errors Running Mysidia

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Inf3rnal

Mysidian Dollar
I've been using Rusnak's PHP Adoptables for awhile now and I just found out about Mysidia.

Well I loaded it up in my Xampp development server which is running the following:

+ Apache 2.2.17
+ MySQL 5.5.8 (Community Server)
+ PHP 5.3.5 (VC6 X86 32bit) + PEAR
+ XAMPP Control Version 2.5 from www.nat32.com
+ XAMPP Security
+ SQLite 2.8.15
+ OpenSSL 0.9.8o
+ phpMyAdmin 3.3.9
+ ADOdb 5.11
+ Mercury Mail Transport System v4.62
+ FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.37
+ Webalizer 2.01-10
+ Zend Optimizer 3.3.0
+ Perl 5.10.1
+ Mod_perl 2.0.4
+ Tomcat 7.0.3

The errors I get are probably PHP5 fault due to it not like deprecated PHP4 code. Anyways here are the errors:

Code:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Username\Server\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 80

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Username\Server\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 166

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Username\Server\php\PEAR\Config\Container.php on line 111

Notice: Undefined variable: dbhost in C:\Users\Username\Server\htdocs\adopt\inc\functions.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined variable: dbuser in C:\Users\Username\Server\htdocs\adopt\inc\functions.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined variable: dbpass in C:\Users\Username\Server\htdocs\adopt\inc\functions.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined variable: dbname in C:\Users\Username\Server\htdocs\adopt\inc\functions.php on line 14

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Username\Server\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 80

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Users\Username\Server\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 166

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Config in C:\Users\Username\Server\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 44

You didn't install it correctly. I bet your config.php file is empty.
What XAMPP version are you using anyway?

ApacheFriends XAMPP (Basispaket) version 1.7.4

My xampp installation works fine. I'm currently running both Invision Power Board 3.1.4 and the latest wordpress flawlessly.

Also the /adopt/install/ directory works but shows the following error at the top and after filling all the fields out it results in the errors in the main post as well.

Code:
Notice: Undefined index: step in C:\Users\Username\Server\htdocs\adopt\install\index.php on line 5

Edit: Config.ini for Mysidia is empty as you figured. Let me see what I can do.

Last edited:
Well the file is called config.php, not config.ini. Database information should be automatically written to Config.php if you run the installer script. If you actually hope to upgrade from RA v1.0.0, all I can say is good luck then. An upgrader for RA v1.0.0 to Mys v1.1.x series is gonna be really hard, especially if you already have a site with registered users and owned adoptables.

I was dumping my current installation and install the latest Mys.

It's just that I can't install it to develop themes for it.

This is RA installation that worked in the same xampp:
-snip-

I can't seem to get any of the Mys version to work though.

Last edited:
Uhm, are you sure the paths are correct for the Mys installation? The paths you posted seem to be inconsistent.

Because the are. -snip- is hosted on my Ubuntu Web Server but a exact copy in running on my localhost xampp webserver.

I can't install Mysidia on either one. Could someone upload a zip containing already installed script with a sql dump for easy upload?

EDIT:
Well I managed to fix it by removing Xampp and using the latest UniServer. It worked flawlessly. I don't really know what the problem was. I believe what ever Wamp, Xampp, etc use as their build doesn't agree with Mysidia. So far UniServer is running great.

Expect some themes, mods, etc from me. :3

Last edited:
Because the are. -snip- is hosted on my Ubuntu Web Server but a exact copy in running on my localhost xampp webserver.

I can't install Mysidia on either one. Could someone upload a zip containing already installed script with a sql dump for easy upload?

EDIT:
Well I managed to fix it by removing Xampp and using the latest UniServer. It worked flawlessly. I don't really know what the problem was. I believe what ever Wamp, Xampp, etc use as their build doesn't agree with Mysidia. So far UniServer is running great.

Expect some themes, mods, etc from me. :3
Glad to hear that you manage to sort it out. I've tried to install MA script on both WAMP and XAMPP, and I didn't have that problem you were having. Maybe there was an error in your XAMPP configuration

That is quite strange. Well I'll use Uniserver from now on because I kinda like their setup more then xampp.