Customizing problems

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

Constellraetion

Mysidian Dollar
ill be real here the shops generated through the acp are really ugly and I hate how they look. is there any way at all to customize them? mods for 1.3.4 are so hard to rework to be usable with 1.3.6 with how much the files have been moved around, and there is no (finished) guide to modifying them to be functional again (which is super frustrating as almost no useful mods have been modified to work with 1.3.6 so all these great features designed by the community are stuck on a version that I can't even use since 3.4 isnt compatible with the newest versions of php)

there's mods for changing the appearance of the shop but these are stuck in 3.4, there's almost no documentation or comments on any of the files so it's super hard to figure out what is doing what and how everything is connected without jumping around to a ton of different folders (it took me 15 minutes just to find where the shop layout was being built). and in general im struggling a lot with this code and looking at the earlier versions i feel like things were so much more accessible (i have noticed that there's a huge drop in usability after 3.6 was released) and im super stuck on Everything. i feel like the only chance i have at making this actually work is by hiring someone to do the work for me. yikes

I can probably help if you're on 1.3.4 or 1.3.5. I use 1.3.5 but I have a friend on 1.3.4. I have tried working with 1.3.6 and it's so frustrating, and I don't feel like working with it for awhile. I've always gotten so far in my 1.3.5 that I'm sticking with it.

I can probably help if you're on 1.3.4 or 1.3.5. I use 1.3.5 but I have a friend on 1.3.4. I have tried working with 1.3.6 and it's so frustrating, and I don't feel like working with it for awhile. I've always gotten so far in my 1.3.5 that I'm sticking with it.
thank you! id actually love to use 3.4 or 3.5 but idk where i'd host it due to the php version requirements. 3.6 is certainly.......a beast of its own (annoyed) but im quite determined to push through with it if only because im stubborn lol

I host with Mysidia hosting. I'll eventually get another site set up with 1.3.6 but I'm not mentally up to the challenge yet since I'm about to have my second baby and after messing with it for a friend lol. But I'll definitely try to try and learn to code with it later. I'm a self taught coder and don't know a lot when it comes to other stuff stuff than HTML and CSS and If/Else cases. So I struggled hard with it because I couldn't even get it to accept document code, like the:

$document->add(new Comment("Text here", FALSE));

It seemed to hate everything I was use to using with the version before.

ah, makes sense. 1.3.6 is the antithesis of user or beginner friendly. also for some reason the script doesnt like it when you add comments and prefers $document->addLangvar("Text here")); instead in a lot of places for...whatever reason. it doesn't help that there's no documentation or proper guides for why or how any of it works.

I host with Mysidia hosting. I'll eventually get another site set up with 1.3.6 but I'm not mentally up to the challenge yet since I'm about to have my second baby and after messing with it for a friend lol. But I'll definitely try to try and learn to code with it later. I'm a self taught coder and don't know a lot when it comes to other stuff stuff than HTML and CSS and If/Else cases. So I struggled hard with it because I couldn't even get it to accept document code, like the:

$document->add(new Comment("Text here", FALSE));

It seemed to hate everything I was use to using with the version before.
sorry i'm not good at explaining but in 1.3.6 it only loads default functions/variables/etc if you specifically include it at the top of the page with something like

use Resource\GUI\Document\Comment;

and before you can use $document->add you have to add this:

$document = $mysidia->frame->getDocument();

it's a little confusing because I don't know where all the functions are, but I use a program called grepwin to search inside the php files and that helps locate stuff and compare default code with the stuff I'm trying to do. This is really helpful because a lot of the 1.3.4 and 1.3.6 code is similar, just moved around, so this can help you find it.

RE: item shop, i made something similar to what you're looking for for my own 1.3.6 site but I haven't posted it here because 1) it uses the item shop mod that kyttias wrote for 1.3.4 as a base 2) it was one of my first times messing with mysidia's code so it looks like a mess (the code itself, but also the css styling is based on my own edited version of kitthaven's bootstrap 5 theme so it'll probably look really weird on a normal theme)

I'll attach it here anyway so you can see what I did and use that as a guide/base, hopefully it's not too hard to read lol

Attachments

• itemshopviewmodel.php
    10.9 KB · Views: 6
sorry i'm not good at explaining but in 1.3.6 it only loads default functions/variables/etc if you specifically include it at the top of the page with something like

and before you can use $document->add you have to add this:

it's a little confusing because I don't know where all the functions are, but I use a program called grepwin to search inside the php files and that helps locate stuff and compare default code with the stuff I'm trying to do. This is really helpful because a lot of the 1.3.4 and 1.3.6 code is similar, just moved around, so this can help you find it.

RE: item shop, i made something similar to what you're looking for for my own 1.3.6 site but I haven't posted it here because 1) it uses the item shop mod that kyttias wrote for 1.3.4 as a base 2) it was one of my first times messing with mysidia's code so it looks like a mess (the code itself, but also the css styling is based on my own edited version of kitthaven's bootstrap 5 theme so it'll probably look really weird on a normal theme)

I'll attach it here anyway so you can see what I did and use that as a guide/base, hopefully it's not too hard to read lol
Daaang that stuff you listed is very helpful lol. It's just brain wracking a little still since someone like me has no idea how you would even figure that out.. 😂 Documentation would be nice for sure. Does it still let you call the database like this for example? I forgot the exact code but you'll probably get what I'm saying lol:

$namethingy = $mysidia->db->search("column", "row") ($username = "$mysidia->user->username") - >fetchColumn