Branding Free License

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

MikiHeart

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mysidian Dollar
Back when the script was still owned by BMR. His premium membership included branding free rights.

Considering the script has been sold, I no longer think that these licenses are valid.

I think you should set up a paypal and accept donations for people who want to have their site branding free. That way the site is generating a little bit of money, and we have the option to go branding free..

Because I really really REALLY hate displaying website credits for ANY script. I think it's a security risk. Not only can spam bots track you down (like for forums), it can also let potential hackers know what version of a script you are running. Then they just have to look up the script, look for bugs, and security loop holes, and exploit your site.

I've had a similar thing happen, and see it happen to other sites before. So it concerns me.

Well the fact that you are a premium member means that you can safely remove the credits for Mysidia Adoptables on the bottom of your site template. However, you will still need to display credits for some plugins/themes you use if the author specify such conditions.

Most of the plugins don't really mention credit, and have to be rewritten to work with the new script anyway. o-o

Well this... You are right, most plugins are no longer being maintained as the authors of these scripts are either gone or inactive. For some reason nowadays most of the users of Mysidia Adoptables are non-programmers, so only dev staff are technically capable of creating addons/plugins for this script(I'm sure there are a few people like you and intoRain can do that too, but still the number is extremely small).

That's true, most of them are non-programmers, but they end up becoming programs later on. Or at least that's how it was for me.