000Webhost, MAS, and a load of problems

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

sennight

Mysidian Dollar
Alrighty, so this is my first post and THATS TERRIBLE, I APOLOGISE

So I came across this script earlier and I was like oh, hey, seems fun, lets try and get it working.

I'm pretty decent at installing scripts and other things on websites, usually, so I didn't think this one would be any different, but it's been absolutely horrible to install.

I've been using 000Webhost for years now, and haven't had a problem with installations before, so maybe someone can point out what I'm possibly doing wrong.

I'm doing a fresh install of v1.3.4 in the public_html folder of my site with Filezilla and 000webhost's ftp.
Went to the inc folder to rename config_adopts.php to config.php, set CHMOD to 777 for full access.

Go back to 000webhost to set up the mySQL database/user, just stick in generic info and keep the page up for reference to the config later.

Went to the /install/ page and get an all-green for all the checks, put in specific host info (mysql13.000webhost.com) and the generic info from the mySQL. Put in my url (compo.site11.com). Put in "/public_html" for script path, since 000webhost doesn't go straight to the root.

Left database prefix the same, since it's the only install on my site.

Now I'm at the completion page, fix the config.php back to the correct perms, delete the install folder.

Then: http://compo.site11.com/

:( Hmm...

Was I not supposed to use /public_html for script path? Was it something else I missed? Getting Parsing errors on the index:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/a1977473/public_html/classes/resource/native/objective.php on line 3

And on the login.php:

Fatal error: Class 'AppController' not found in /home/a1977473/public_html/login.php on line 3

I'd try installing again but without putting /public_html for the script path. At least it would scratch that out of the possible problems

Yeah, public_html should not be your script path, your script path should be whatever comes after your domain name. If your files are all in public_html, you should leave it blank. A rule of thumb is to figure out what is the url you will visit for your site. If your site is accessed by yourdomain.com, you should leave script path blank. If your site is accessed by yourdomain.com/adoptables, you should enter 'adoptables' for script path.

That's what I tried the first time I tried to install this (and I just tried it again with another clean install just to be sure), and it's still giving me the same errors. :c

I would not use 000WebHost for mysidia. They do not allow "gaming" scripts, which Mysidia (and other virtual pet sites) fall under. I recently heard where someones very well established site was deleted without warning because it was a virtual pet site.

So I would def. find a different host for a pet site, so that it doesn't get deleted without warning (they won't even send you backup files), and continue from there.