Search results

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
  1. Kesstryl

Security Modifications for 1.3.x

Even if you are lucky enough to have access to your server's php.ini file where you can harden many of your server features against attacks, there are many vectors of attack, so having multiple layers of protection is the smart thing to do. Also some people can only afford shared hosting, and...
  2. Kesstryl

Mys 1.3.6 Adoptables with Backgrounds mod 1.3.6

This is a very simple mod that sets a default background to your pets and changes it from your item inventory. You do not need to manually remove and add backgrounds, the background will simply update and move the old one back into your inventory when you use a new one. Less clicking. Lets...
  3. Kesstryl

How to resize image to thumbnail for table lists? (SOLVED)

This can't be done with CSS without changing ALL table image sizes. I want to resize pet images to a smaller thumbnail in any list views such as my adopts pagination pages, daycare, trades, etc, but keep the original image size on individual pet pages. I'm pretty sure this has to be done in...
  4. Kesstryl

Fatal error with switching themes in vanilla 1.3.6

I wanted to see what the Green theme looked like, and when I switched the theme on the main page from the sidebar, I got this error. I tried looking for the undefined function in the rest of the code with my editor, and it does seem to not exist. # Time Memory Function Location Call Stack...
  5. Kesstryl

Fatal error with using item

I'm experimenting with basic features of 1.3.6 and tried to use an item which should give 3 clicks on my pet. This error comes up whenever I try to use the item on the pet from the item page An error has occurred... SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in...
  6. Kesstryl

Documentation for 1.3.6

It would be great to have documentation for all the functions and classes we would need to access to create new pages and features for our own sites. I have trouble going through all the folders and following the logic for how and what I'm supposed to use for my own modifications and end up...
  7. Kesstryl

Dragon Lord - text based RPG

Dragon Lord - text based RPG Alpha test I've been working for a few years now on an old school text based PBBG RPG, and about a month ago I finally an alpha server up. I've been looking for alpha testers to help out with bugs and feedback, and I thought I'd extend that invitation here as well...
  8. Kesstryl

Updating Mysidia for newer version of PHP

PHP and Mysql is moving on, and this script has been in a stand still state for a few years now. Are there any plans of at least updating the current game engine to get rid of fatal errors and E notices for localhosts and online hosts with newer versions of PHP? I'd like to see this script not...
  9. Kesstryl

Is OOP better

This is simply a discussion thread. This is not a commentary on Mysidia moving to OOP PHP. I'm more interested in opinions as I also program my own games. Procedural PHP is fairly easy and has a logical progression that one can see immediately. Almost anyone who can utilize logic can pick it...
  10. Kesstryl

Basic Browser Game Tutorial using Smarty and Bootstrap

I stumbled across this site which shows how to create a basic browser game in php, and how to implement and use Smarty. Since Mysidia also uses Smarty, I thought this would make a great resource for people who need to learn the basics first before swimming through Mysidia's Smarty...
  11. Kesstryl

Smarty errors and WAMPP

I've got mysidia installed on my home WAMPP server because I would rather do my edits on my personal pc before uploading to a public webhost. This is actually necessary for professional web development, and I want to learn this as part of my skills. The database is successfully created, and...
  12. Kesstryl

Pet Game Tutorial on VirtualPetList.com

I'm not sure what kind of details this help guide will go into, but I think it might be worth keeping an eye on for Mysidia developers and modders: http://www.virtualpetlist.com/showthread.php/14097-Public-Pet-Game-Design-Document-and-Guide-to-Creating-Your-Own
  13. Kesstryl

Dress up html code, adapt to Mysidia?

I found a tutorial for making dress up games in html, and I thought this would be great for adding dress up features to pets in Mysidia, If anyone who knows how to code could adapt this as a module, the awesomeness would flow endlessly. Code is found as a download from the tutorial page...
  14. Kesstryl

Request - Responsive Themes

Would someone be willing to post some of the themes here into a responsive design? Meaning that the site will collapse down for smartphones and tablets with single columns, sidebar collapsable, etc. I don't know much about how to do this, best example I can give is my art site (a worldpress...
  15. Kesstryl

Responsive design

In one of the future designs of Mysidia, I think it would be a good idea to implement responsive html and css. This new term is all about making sites scale to the size of a variety of screen sizes from PC to mobile phones. It's already a necessary skill for web designers to have to be...
  16. Kesstryl

XAMPP trouble

I can upload scripts to my webhost, install, and run them just fine, but I've never been able to get Xampp to install anything. So far I've done the unprofessional thing of applying changes to my code, uploading it, and seeing what happens. If I do get a site running with people actually using...
  17. Kesstryl

PHP for Absolute Beginners

For non-coders who, like me, tend to get very lost with most technical tutorials, I found a couple resources that explain php for either absolute beginners, or technically challenged :P This slide show at Udemy is free, and a great fast introduction and a foundation for learning later things...
  18. Kesstryl

Anyone tried Facebook features on their site?

I've seen some sites use facebook connect, or the ability to post a pet they've adopted into their newsfeed for others to see, has anyone messed with FB dev software to incorporate into their pet site? Was curious as to the difficulty of doing this.
  19. Kesstryl

Question about PNGs, are they implemented?

Does the current release have the ability to use PNGs? I just don't remember. If not I will continue to work with GIFs for now, but PNGs seem better with regards to transparent backgrounds. Thanks for answering such a noob question
  20. Kesstryl

Adding Databases

Is there any way to add databases, not tables, but whole entire databases? My hosting company limits my database size, and this will be a problem as the site grows, even with premium service which would give me unlimited amount of databases. I suppose transfering to a more expensive server...
  • Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts