Search results

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
  1. Dinocanid

Dino's Guide To: Mysidia 1.3.6

(Note to HoF if you're reading this: Mysidia really needs official documentation. People would be much more willing to use it if there was.) In my journey to update all of my mods to the latest version, I'm making a guide of sorts on google docs to hopefully help those moving from 1.3.4 to...
  2. Dinocanid

Mys 1.3.6 DinoScripts v2

I'm back! And also updating my old mods to work with the latest version of Mysidia. I've created a GitHub repo to host them all on in a convenient place, with an issue/questions board and a wiki all bundled into one site. That means yeah, instead of making a new topic here for each mod, I'll...
  3. Dinocanid

Different templates for pages

Today I was curious about creating a landing page for Wild Souls, but I wanted it to have a different appearance than the usual site layout. After some research and experimenting, I now present this tutorial! -Step 1- You’re going to need to open class_template.php and scroll down to the...
  4. Dinocanid

Mysidia Deluxe (1.3.4 compatible CV) [DEPRECATED]

UPDATE (03/16/22): With the release of future versions (1.3.5 and 1.3.6) this custom version is defunct. Before continuing, please read the Pros & Cons of CV's! Mysidia Deluxe Mysidia Deluxe is an open-source custom version of the Mysidia Adoptables script, based off of v1.3.4 and maintained...
  5. Dinocanid

Mysidia discord?

I was thinking that we could probably make a discord chat for mysidia-related things. We could bounce off ideas, give/get help, show off what we're working on, share resources, etc. It would be an extension for the forum basically, in case you wanted something more instant. It wouldn't replace...
  6. Dinocanid

Dialogue/choice branch system

Have you ever wanted to add a CYOA (choose your own adventure) game to your site? Maybe you wanted to make a quiz or some sort of branching dialogue? Well, this will help you do that. Here's how it looks in action: -Pros- No refresh abuse! If a user refreshes the page, it resets from the...
  7. Dinocanid

Re-upload script with fixes?

After installing the script, there's quite a bit of things that need to fixed right out of the box either because it causes an error or it's a security hole, and they're all common issues: Renaming config_adopts to config. I know it's the last instruction you get after installing, but it feels...
  8. Dinocanid

An error processing this directive

(Can't remember if I made a thread about this or not...) It's been going on for a long time, but for whatever reason some threads will refuse to post. Whenever the submit or preview button is pressed, it will show a blank screen with the message "[there was an error processing this directive]"...
  9. Dinocanid

Errors in phpMyAdmin (mysidiahost)

While it's (thankfully) not common, I do get error messages saying "you should upgrade to mySQL 5.5" on occasion. Here's what it looks like: It goes away if I close the page and return, but it's worth bringing up.
  10. Dinocanid

Mys 1.3.4 User Shops

Requirements: Database math | Original Owner | Secondary Currency Description: This addon allows users to create their own shops that they can use to sell their pets and items to other users. The shop styling is the same from Kyttias's Item Shop mods, but you don't need that mod for this one to...
  11. Dinocanid

Bug Tracker is broken

When trying to post a new thread in the bug tracker, this pops up on a white screen: It's been broken ever since the move, but nothing was fixed so I decided to post about it here.
  12. Dinocanid

Twine 2 integration

I just tried it out today (thanks to Kesstryl for suggesting!) and I seriously like it. For those who don't know, Twine is a free, open-source program used to make interactive/non-linear stories. Today, I'm just giving the instructions on how to integrate an exported project with mysidia. -Step...
  13. Dinocanid

Fixing Password Resets

I found that password reset emails just won't send. After some testing, I found that it doesn't work emails you have created yourself (IE: private emails). So if you create, say a new gmail just for your site, it won't work. However, a way to fix this is to create an email through CPanel (or...
  14. Dinocanid

Fatal errors in ACP

I have a strange problem where I'll get the following errors, but only in the ACP and nowhere else: I'm using x10 and I already applied the class_path fix, so that's not the issue. It used to work fine before, and I haven't made any changes to it, so I'm unsure where the problem is. It used to...
  15. Dinocanid

Replacing shoutbox with Discord

Discord is the "all-the-rage" shoutbox now. It works on all devices, is easy to use, it's free, nice to look at, works in-browser and client, requires no coding skills, painless, and all that good stuff. Now, it is also possible to embed it in websites thanks to TitanEmbeds! It's in beta, but so...
  16. Dinocanid

Unable to read file? (Imagick issue)

I heard that Mysidiahost allowed Imagick, so I decided to upload my site so I could work on online features. The only problem is that I get a nasty "failed to read file" error when I try. I also get this: I usually don't worry about strict standards and make them invisible, but doing that this...
  17. Dinocanid

Wild Souls (A Wolf Sim)

This has been my side project from Foodbabs. It started out as a test to see how I could deviate from Mysidia's premade "adopt clickable pets" and use it to make a simulation type game. I got out of the mindset of seeing it as a template and began to look at Mysidia as a coding framework. Well...
  18. Dinocanid

Profile tabs are empty

I have a strange problem where profile tabs will be empty, except for the first one selected. For example, if I set the visitor messages to show first, then that tab will work, but the other tabs will be empty. Same if I set the default tab as adopts, etc. I tried replacing profile, profileview...
  19. Dinocanid

Mys 1.3.4 Dynamically Generated Images Addon

Before I begin, special thanks to Digital and Hare over at TGL. I couldn't have done this without them! (Link to original discussion) What this does: This addon will use Imagick (a.k.a ImageMagick) to layer multiple images, compress them into one, and display them wherever you'd like without...
  20. Dinocanid

User avatars causing getimagesize errors

Some user's avatars cause errors like this one: Warning: getimagesize(http://rs858.pbsrc.com/albums/ab148/SuperNyappyOfLove/Kawaii Stuff/Pixels/pixel_gato_04.gif~c200): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error in...
  • Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts