Search results

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
  1. Kyttias

The Default Shoutbox

This is a question aimed directly at HoF: What features for the Shoutbox are planned for the next release? But I'd like to hear from the rest of you as well - If you're not HoF, what features would you want? Do you currently use the shoutbox? I've gutted the CKEditor out of mine in favor of a...
  2. Kyttias

No more automatic EXP upon viewing pets, please?

Hey guys! Long time no see~! Good news - I quit my retail day job, so I have the summer to work on my site. I'm back to ask questions and seek out some help if anyone's interested in a bit of tinkering. Is it possible to redesign how pets are viewed so that they do not automatically gain EXP...
  3. Kyttias

Free Placeholder Item Art

Hey guys! I made something for ya: Terms of Use: You're free to use this art temporarily while building your site, and in early beta phases. The idea here is that you will eventually replace the art to match the rest of your site, but you really want to make an item right now and don't have...
  4. Kyttias

Cool News Ticker

This looks fun: vTicker! I'd love to integrate it into an existing news mod, or, failing that, make my own. That way I can have both news on the front page, and a few headlines of recent articles as part of the theme's layout. Just felt like sharing! :happyc:
  5. Kyttias

New Avatar

I changed my avatar. :meow: Still me! Just wanted to let everyone know. I know sometimes when people change their avatars on sites I forget who they are. A larger version is sitting on my profile, which I also prettied up. Basically it's a piece of a larger group image I'll be using for...
  6. Kyttias

Friend System Questions

1) I've created a link on my user profiles to display a link to send a friend request. I'd like to prevent it from displaying on the profiles of users you're already friends with? Currently in classes/class_userprofile.php I have something like this: if (($mysidia->user->username !=...
  7. Kyttias

Mys 1.3.4 Higher Or Lower Game

Higher Or Lower Guessing Game Try it out here (this is also a good place to modify the css to your liking): http://jsbin.com/cubeze/edit?html,css,js,output ★Download Link: http://sta.sh/01mfv39n0h0d Upload the following files:games/.htaccess games/hilo/sendscore.php games/hilo/hilo.php...
  8. Kyttias

Is this possible?

When replying to a user's PM, I'd like to place a copy of the title and text from the original message into the new PM. In view/messagesview.php it already detects if you're replying to a user (rather than making a new PM) by use of this: if($mysidia->input->get("id")) $user =...
  9. Kyttias

PM Report Button

What does it actually do? From what I can tell all its doing is sending a copy of the reported message to the admin. It doesn't say who sent the spam to the person reporting it and appears in the admin's inbox as being sent from the person who reported it. And though asked to supply a reason...
  10. Kyttias

Trade System

I'm a little lost. How/where would one go to cancel/close a public trade if they've decided they no longer want to offer those pets/items to others? Such a feature, if it exists, would/should also decline all existing offers. I know where I can go to view my 'private' trades and my public...
  11. Kyttias

ART CHALLENGE!

A challenge for yourself, actually! Have you been meaning to get your art done? Well, I won't necessarily pressure you into doing stuff every day, but maybe this'll inspire you to get off your butt and draw for your site: 30 Day Item Challenge 01 - Strawberry 02 - Icecream 03 - Wrapped Candy...
  12. Kyttias

Mys 1.3.4 Display Pet's Birthday / Original Owner

This mod could also be used for other things. The basic concept is that you have some bit of information you need associated with a pet but that bit of information needs to be attached to them when they are born or otherwise created by the system. DatabaseOpen up phpMyAdmin so you have access...
  13. Kyttias

Registration Validation?

I'd also like to remind anyone reading that it was complained on VPL that there wasn't enough verification going on to prevent script injection. I've added gender to the 'registervalidator' class so no one right click on a page, open up the html editor, change their gender to ballerina or some...
  14. Kyttias

Complying with COPPA

"When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of...
  15. Kyttias

Shop Stock

Shops with 'stock' that depletes and replenishes... I'm trying to wrap my head around how I might implement this. I'm pretty good with manipulating the framework to my needs but, conceptually, I'm wondering what the best way to do this would be... I don't want cron jobs. Surely there is another...
  16. Kyttias

[guide] Setting up WAMP w/Mysidia

WARNING: LOTS OF IMAGES. (And they are gifs.) What is WAMP?WAMP is short for Windows-Apache-MySQL-PHP and it's everything you need to turn your very own computer into a server that can host websites - like Mysidia! This is great news for developers who want free testing space before they go...
  17. Kyttias

Mys 1.3.4 Index Page Mod (Use PHP inside Index!)

new indexI really wanted to use some PHP inside my index page, but because it was hooked up to the AdminCP as a custom document, no matter how many modifications I made to CKEditor, I still couldn't get it to work. So... I turned to HoF and asked about it. It turns out, we can just modify our...
  18. Kyttias

Database Query: COUNT(*)

How can I perform: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM vote_voters with $mysidia->db->select()?? edit (answer): $stat_totalclicks = $mysidia->db->select("vote_voters")->rowCount(); Then perhaps, as above, but a count of all rows in vote_voters between two variable dates, such as: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM...
  19. Kyttias

Mys 1.3.4 Seamless Login/Logout Redirect to Index

login/logout redirectI can't believe I didn't figure this one out sooner! Inside view/loginview.php, inside each of the functions, add in this line before the $mysidia variable is set: header( "Location: /" ); (The online users count won't update until you visit another page, btw?)
  20. Kyttias

CSS Freebies

These will be absolutely free to use in any project, not just Mysidia-related ones! :usedusedused: I'll add stuff every now and then, but, to start, buttons: Buttons [ live preview ] (If you'd like help adding a class to specific buttons inside the Mysidia framework, I'll see if I can help...
  • Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts