Official Mys v1.4.0 Ideas & Suggestions Thread

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages
Not sure if this post is still being considered and it's probably a long shot anyway but for future script consideration I think it would be cool if whenever the option to select a pet from a dropdown appears it will show the pet's image as well. So you can actually see the pet you are selecting. I find that if you only have the name it gets confusing when you have a lot of pets. (On my site I am planning on limiting adopt space with the option to unlock more but still) It especially gets confusing if you haven't named them for some reason and have about 10 'Unnamed' pets :ROFLMAO: Also whenever you breed pets, etc, it will let you see all pets involved when you change the dropdown so it's easier to see what you are doing.

Though I understand if that requires AJAX and will be hard to do on 1.4 so if it is difficult to do with this version maybe in another one! :LOL:

EDIT: Also just had another idea related to breeding. It would be cool if when creating a breed adopt you can specify the alt forms of the parents that must be met before that offspring can be born. Maybe this is a niche idea but I think it would expand the breed functions quite a bit!

I was planning different variations of siamese colour patterns for my adopts and found that there are some real-life siamese cats that are made by cross-breeding a siamese with other colour patterns/breeds. The red-point siamese is produced by breeding a red tabby/tortoiseshell with a siamese cat so it would be cool if I could add one of those as a breed adopt and specify that the parents must be either a siamese cat (of any alt), or a tabby cat (of the red tabby alt). As I have plans to make the tabby have at least 1 alt where it comes out a silver tabby instead. So the red point siamese wouldn't be produced when breeding the silver tabby form, only the red one.

The way it could work could be that rather than just having the one box for 'parents', there is 2 more added with 'parent 1' and 'parent 2' (similar to mother and father but being gender-free like the parents box). Then underneath you could specify the IDs of the alts for each parent that can produce the baby you're creating. If you leave the box blank it means that any alt can be used, maybe. That's for if only one parent's alt form matters (as in my example). And perhaps putting 0 means no alts allowed and it has to use the 'normal' form to produce the baby?

I don't know how complicated that might be but it would be cool, anyway :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I think maybe mysidia can continue to evolve to new technologies, formerly forums were the main platform to use mysidia in order to get click, but today it is more difficult than players.

Maybe in month of click to evolve, that each player can adopt pets and feed the great Pow or tamagochi style and in this way continue to evolve, I think today would be much more successful and at the same time users would be more time connected on the platform.

Sld.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I think maybe mysidia can continue to evolve to new technologies, formerly forums were the main platform to use mysidia in order to get click, but today it is more difficult than players.

Maybe in month of click to evolve, that each player can adopt pets and feed the great Pow or tamagochi style and in this way continue to evolve, I think today would be much more successful and at the same time users would be more time connected on the platform.

Sld.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Maybe we could use views instead of clicks? As someone with carpal tunnel, I dislike the click system, and prefer to either use the growing over time method like Chicken Smoothie, or grow with views of the pet (might need javascript for that?)

Maybe we could use views instead of clicks? As someone with carpal tunnel, I dislike the click system, and prefer to either use the growing over time method like Chicken Smoothie, or grow with views of the pet (might need javascript for that?)
I actually changed the levelup system into a feeding by owner only on my site lol. So they have to feed their adopt every day to get it to grow or buy items that boost it to an age they want or age it back down, etc.

I actually changed the levelup system into a feeding by owner only on my site lol. So they have to feed their adopt every day to get it to grow or buy items that boost it to an age they want or age it back down, etc.
This is a good alternative for sure. It encourages users to interact with your site. For me, I know how to do the views with js, but I don't know how to implement it with Mysidia with the MVC and files being all over the place. I know it's something I need to get used to, but it hurts my ADHD.

This is a good alternative for sure. It encourages users to interact with your site. For me, I know how to do the views with js, but I don't know how to implement it with Mysidia with the MVC and files being all over the place. I know it's something I need to get used to, but it hurts my ADHD.
What version are you on?

Not sure if this has been mentioned but may want to revise some of the db schema. Some required fields are not, but should be, marked NOT NULL like username and password on the _users table. Some sites could be vulnerable to a host of bugs if a user somehow enters null in a field, and it gets past other checks.

I'd like to see the table builder maybe be converted to html divs for easier customization for those with css html know how but can't wrap head around php classes.

I'd love for a way for table builder to allow different image sizes so I can have thumbnails on list pages like the my adopts page and trades, but larger version on individual pet pages.

@Kesstryl

Actually with Mys v1.3.6 it is possible to use smarty templates instead of gui api for any part of UI that require heavy customization: This way you can write just HTML, with PHP variables easily embedded using Smarty template. You can check out this blog post for details:

@Kesstryl

Actually with Mys v1.3.6 it is possible to use smarty templates instead of gui api for any part of UI that require heavy customization: This way you can write just HTML, with PHP variables easily embedded using Smarty template. You can check out this blog post for details:

Not sure how to make that work with individual content pages. Those seem to be generated with php methods. I've managed to figure how to use some of the methods, but without documentation it's been very slow and full of trial and error. Some things are straight forward, but managing image sizes or allocating image backgrounds to divs (such as pet backgrounds) has taken hours of painstaking combing through the code for me. I'm not a php professional so this might be simple for a professional dev, but an average user with less experience than me could use the ability to do these things from the ACP. People are going to want to customize every little detail like this, and the more power you give to site owners through the ACP, the better experience they will have in the future.

I'll post mods to help others when I get some things figured out, but until then, I'm spending my vacation finally learning how this framework works, but that will take time. If I'm missing something obvious here, I'm very much welcome to pointers and tips

I've also never used Smarty before so I'm going to try to play with that and see if I can get that working with custom pages.
:)

EDIT - I did figure out how to create divs with the GUI and then style the divs with CSS in the template CSS page. That is actually helpful without converting a full GUI php page to a smarty template.

Last edited:
Updating CKeditor to version 5 would also be neat, it's changed a lot and looks really sleek and modern. CKeditor 4 has been discontinued since June this year so it would be good for future-proofing and keeping up to date with modern versions. 😁

It would be a huge QoL if adoptables can be put into user made tabs or groups to make sorting and viewing them easier. A search field for finding a particular adoptable by name or id for your owned adoptables would also really help. When the pagination gets really long (as on my testing site), it gets very unwieldy to find specific adoptables.

I think there’s a mod that does this, though maybe the mod owner is no longer active and the download link is broken.

I think there’s a mod that does this, though maybe the mod owner is no longer active and the download link is broken.
The mod is for an older version and is not compatible with 1.3.6

I think this should be included though because every pet game I ever played has this ability, and I think it should be a basic feature.

I would suggest paging the Profile, Adopables Tab, like the manage adoptables page does, or limiting the page to showing a random 10 rather than all. As a site grows, that page could cause a site to lag badly if a user has enough adopts.

I would suggest paging the Profile, Adopables Tab, like the manage adoptables page does, or limiting the page to showing a random 10 rather than all. As a site grows, that page could cause a site to lag badly if a user has enough adopts.
I'm not sure the changes to 1.3.6, but I'm on 1.3.5 and the myadopt page lets you set the pagination to what you want, I think default is 5 or 10 adopts before it goes to another page. So maybe that code can be used for these other areas. Profile uses tabs. 1697818027034.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Contains New Posts
  • Forum Contains No New Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BerrieMilk
BETA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts