Up and Running with questions

Forum
Last Post
Threads / Messages

FoxtrotFiction

Mysidian Dollar
Hello all!

I got Mysidia installed, and running and that's half the battle right there, so I'm pretty proud of myself for getting it off the ground. However I am experiencing some other things that I can't seem to find a workaround for, so I thought it best just to put forward what I'm seeing. I am looking for someone who can help me with small stuff or kinda point me in the right direction :D

dfd79c25dcbb98024f00a4150d4fc820.png

The things I'm running into:

Dates available: I want to run them for limited times (so available for June but not July as an example) but it does not appear that I can SET that. It seems I can set for a specific date (like only on the 4th of July) but Cannot set them to follow specific date ranges is there a mod for this?

Variable "Hatching": I set the EGG of a species and then set the alternate forms for that egg, is there a way to set a release timer? if X egg contains X variant it will take 2 days to hatch? or 5 days to hatch if it is a different one? Looking for alternative methods to CLICK hatching, which seems to be confusing some of my user base that's helping with some of the testing.

Trades: another user and myself initiated trade with the other but we cannot find a way to ACCEPT those trades and finalize that hand-off (not sure what was going on when I tried to look a public trades, it just gave me an http 500 error on the (/trade/publics) page Which I think should be PUBLIC so I dunno. bottom line we can't finalize a trade I'd like to know how.

Adoptions I accidentally set an adaptable so that it's not available for some reason to my user base. I am not seeing where I can EDIT "ADOPTABLE CONDITIONS" after creation? Do I have to delete the pet entirely and then start anew?

thanks
Sebastien the confused DERG from Foxtrot

Last edited:
Are you running 1.3.6?

So for 1. I think it's either in the shop creation, or pet creation, but I was thinking one of them allowed you to put what date to what date a pet or shop was available. If not, you could always create a shop from scratch and set it when it's accessible.

2. I'm not positive, but I'm thinking you want to be using offspring, not alternate forms for this system, from the sounds of it. Alternate forms only change what that adopt looks like, and what you want I think is the offspring variations. So, for example, if you have a husky that's black and white, and one that's beige and white, your offspring will either be a straight copy of either or. So getting 'variants' you need to create offspring in the Admin Control panel and put what two parents would need to breed to get that variant, and create that variant in the adopts area too, where you put how long it takes to hatch/age. This way, the offspring can be different in how long it takes them to hatch or age, etc.

3. Trades are something a lot of people have had issues with. It's confusing for sure. You have to send a trade to a user, and to accept a trade it's a different trade page called mytrades. So instead of yoursite.com/trade or whatever, the accept/reject trade is on yoursite.com/mytrades. Hope that helps.

4. Go to your Database under adopt_conditions I think it is and fix the mistake there.

Are you running 1.3.6?

So for 1. I think it's either in the shop creation, or pet creation, but I was thinking one of them allowed you to put what date to what date a pet or shop was available. If not, you could always create a shop from scratch and set it when it's accessible.

2. I'm not positive, but I'm thinking you want to be using offspring, not alternate forms for this system, from the sounds of it. Alternate forms only change what that adopt looks like, and what you want I think is the offspring variations. So, for example, if you have a husky that's black and white, and one that's beige and white, your offspring will either be a straight copy of either or. So getting 'variants' you need to create offspring in the Admin Control panel and put what two parents would need to breed to get that variant, and create that variant in the adopts area too, where you put how long it takes to hatch/age. This way, the offspring can be different in how long it takes them to hatch or age, etc.

3. Trades are something a lot of people have had issues with. It's confusing for sure. You have to send a trade to a user, and to accept a trade it's a different trade page called mytrades. So instead of yoursite.com/trade or whatever, the accept/reject trade is on yoursite.com/mytrades. Hope that helps.

4. Go to your Database under adopt_conditions I think it is and fix the mistake there.
Thanks so much that's a great start I'll take a look at these!

Regarding date range, it is actually not hard to make at all. Yeah an addon/mod will have to be made for this, but I suspect it will be near effortless as long as you are familiar with the plugin system. Basically, the current date check just verifies if the date matches exactly, with date range you need to change this to 'startdate' and add a new field in the database table adopts_adoptables_conditions called 'enddate'. Then it is a matter of writing a SQL query that compares dates.

The trade system though, is actually a feature Id consider 'legacy' at this point. For Mys v1.4.0 I plan to remove it and have it as an addon/mod instead, while the default script will come with user shop system that replaces the trade system.

Regarding date range, it is actually not hard to make at all. Yeah an addon/mod will have to be made for this, but I suspect it will be near effortless as long as you are familiar with the plugin system. Basically, the current date check just verifies if the date matches exactly, with date range you need to change this to 'startdate' and add a new field in the database table adopts_adoptables_conditions called 'enddate'. Then it is a matter of writing a SQL query that compares dates.

The trade system though, is actually a feature Id consider 'legacy' at this point. For Mys v1.4.0 I plan to remove it and have it as an addon/mod instead, while the default script will come with user shop system that replaces the trade system.
will updating to 1.4 be an easy transition if I haven't modded my current 1.3.6?

will updating to 1.4 be an easy transition if I haven't modded my current 1.3.6?
I if I remember correctly, it's said its an easy install if you haven't heavily modded your site, so then you manually install, but if your haven't added any mods at all it'll be easy. You just upload the new files so they replace code and files or add necessary ones. Basically overwriting the files you have. I have my site heavily modded, so I have to be careful adding any updates to mine. The change between my 1.3.5 is too big of a change for me to even manually install that one and it's code is over my head. So I'll be having to set up a new 1.3.6 site then just learn how it works and build off it from scratch but I'll probably wait until the 1.4 to come out before having a new site install then build my stuff back off of that from the ground up.